Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cover Your Hole!

Default Cover Your Hole!

In the past few weeks I have been experimenting with covering the hole on the atomiser when dragging.

I usually start with the e cig by putting my finger over the hole and sucking in hard.Then i take my finger off the hole.
    With new e liquid loaded this usually produces a lot of vapour, so much so that your throat can hurt.The atomiser seems to super heat and my e cig led light warns I have inhaled too much.

Sometimes you will get no vapour and sometimes the vapour can smell bad.

You can experiment too by tapping on the hole with your finger as you inhale and seeing if that works well.

Anyone else tried this technique?

2. Advertisement
    Forum Supplier ECF Veteran leaford's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Cover Your Hole!

None of mine have a hole.

4. Advertisement
    Senior Member ECF Veteran

As I understand it, these holes are there to keep your e-cigarette from overheating, so be careful not to burn out your atomizer.

Thanks for that tip.I thought that was the case as the atomiser seems to heat up
    an awful lot when you do it.I find it good to do once or twice to get things going.

Cheers!

Inactive Supplier ECF Veteran

Default Covering the atomiser hole

I made a video a few weeks ago on just this very subject.
    Will post the video again for anyone who missed it.
    You can only do this if your atomiser has more than 1 hole.

YouTube - electronic cigarette super mini

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Afton View Post
    Thanks for that tip.I thought that was the case as the atomiser seems to heat up
    an awful lot when you do it.I find it good to do once or twice to get things going.

Cheers!

Senior Member ECF Veteran

yep it works wonders and gives a solid throat kick everytime on the DSE901B

but sure it reduces the life of the atomiser as when using this technique

it gets hot as hell !

Since the pneumatic switch is in the battery and is now getting all the pressure of your draw instead of the partial pressure it would normally get. Couldn't this method destroy the switch in the battery?
    Last edited by PuffnStuff; 11-12-2008 at 04:59 AM. Reason: spelling

What I do is not to block the hole on my dse901 for a long time but instead tap it a few times. This way I block it for a fraction of the second a few times and not letting the heater to get very hot. The efect tough is huge. I get much better smoke amounts!
    and its not getting hot.
    Also this method allows me to smoke with a weak battery. Without doing this I found that I can use the batteries for a very short time before they stop making good smoke. With this I can make most of the battery's charge

Inactive Supplier ECF Veteran

I have also tried this .... and it works with the DSE901 .... But my point on the video " Which mabey i didnt say was" .... The Super Mini has 2 holes ...A bit like a silkcut has lots of holes
    I just tried covering 1 hole .... You cant do that on the DSE901 because it only has 1 hole

Quote Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
    What I do is not to block the hole on my dse901 for a long time but instead tap it a few times. This way I block it for a fraction of the second a few times and not letting the heater to get very hot. The efect tough is huge. I get much better smoke amounts!
    and its not getting hot.
    Also this method allows me to smoke with a weak battery. Without doing this I found that I can use the batteries for a very short time before they stop making good smoke. With this I can make most of the battery's charge

Quote Originally Posted by rustylug View Post
    I have also tried this .... and it works with the DSE901 .... But my point on the video " Which mabey i didnt say was" .... The Super Mini has 2 holes ...A bit like a silkcut has lots of holes
    I just tried covering 1 hole .... You cant do that on the DSE901 because it only has 1 hole
    Ohh I've seen it but Im talking in general. I find dse901 smoke not very satisfying except when used with fresh battery and new cartrige... I thing this technology has yet a lot to achieve ... there are a hell lot of small annoyances ....

P.S. By the way u have great accent.. reminds me Dr. Beckett from Stargate Atlantis ... very nice... where are u from?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast