E-Cigs And Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-Cigs And Japan

Default E-Cigs And Japan

Im not 100% sure but a trip to Japan May be in my 2011 line up, and from various films and conversations with friends from japan over the years. I have summed up that japan is an ex-smokers nightmare due to the fact they have analog cigs in just about every flavor you can think of cherry, blueberry etc etc etc.. well i am content with my PV but one of my buddy's stateside brought up "dude how you going to get that thing past customs it looks like a Bomb" (being a smart ... that he is, googled e-cigs and it kept bringing up pictures of a chuck ) well i don't own a chuck i have a vapor King which i hear a lot of people like the 510 just stick in a pen holder in there laptop bag

But what i was wondering has anybody been to japan With a PV? and if so what is there stand on public Vapeing and if there was any problems with customs and cartos, and or the pv its self

what made me super pissed off was how he initiated the conversation with " i guess your gonna have to leave your Toy at home and smoke real cigs in Japan" followed by the bomb comment"

I was angry and to me it really hurt cause i have worked very hard staying off of regular cigs and to hear a friend of 8 years say it like that felt like he was pissing on my health and to be 100% honest i wanted to and still want to kick him in the nutz next time he comes for a visit (this friend by the way is not from japan he just lives in another state and is most likely going on the same trip. just to clear up some confusion) so i have yet to find a tangible answer

thanks Jin Kogetsu

PS due to the nutz comment we have had a couple of scuffles like good ol boys do in our 8 years were about as close as brothers and in a band together so we have been through alot of ups and downs so a kick in the nutz wouldn't destroy our friendship (we've been through worse) just to let you fine people know
    Last edited by Jin Kogetsu; 07-24-2010 at 05:17 PM.

2. 07-24-2010, 05:18 PM

Reason
    deleted duplicate

What would Freud say? Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

With you on the kick in the nutz...

Wish I had an answer.

I have to go to LA and St. Petersberg this Fall and I have similar fears.

I really really don't want to light up.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Jin, you can take it, and don't have to worry about it. Just follow the rules when putting it in your bags. More info and good tips in this thread: TSA and the Ecig FAQ

This thread has a great card that a member did to explain her ecig in public in Japan (great to print and carry with you): Japan ecig users...
    Live in ARIZONA? Join Vaping in Phoenix Social Group forum on ECF! Monthly socials, local vendors and great people. Click HERE
    Also on FaceBook.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

He's just jealous! :P

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Also, japan is a really weird, techie kinda place. I think your ecig will garner interest or they won't even notice.

We are talking about a place that sells used panties in vending machines

Vaping At FL370 Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Been to Tokyo a couple of times with my Vapes, no problems at all at Narita.

Mods can you merge the double post?

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Home Residence is Chicago, Spend 20 days a month in several of 37 Countries
    Blog Entries

Had no problems in Tokyo (Narita), Chitose, Sapporo, Okinawa, Iwakumi, or Hiroshima.

You will be just fine. :-)

Safe Travels,
    RIA *Covers Nutz* :-P

Super Member ECF Veteran

You'll be fine vaping in Japan~ Their biggg electronic store sells them too =) (really pricy though!)

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Yup! I was just in Narita for a layover and had no problems. PM me if you have questions about it.
    Want to get a hold of me? | Twitter: @basilray | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/basilray |

I'm going there in a couple of weeks.
    anyone knows whether it's legal to bring your juice in the country?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast