Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tips For Taking Your E-Cig Through Airport Security

PV Master ECF Veteran Jim Davis's Avatar

Default Tips For Taking Your E-Cig Through Airport Security

My E-Cig itself has never been questioned. It's in an eyeglass case which I place in my computer bag while going through Security.

Passthrough's: Place your passthrough in some kind of plastic or cloth sleeve. Zig Zag the wire with the pass through, and push it into the sleeve. It will be neatly wrapped, and will not look suspicious.

TSA will notice a passthrough which is just laying loose in a purse or bag compartment, as a "tube with a wire in one end" They'll definately stop you to check it out. What they will do afterwards? I have no idea, it never happened to me.

Your juice should be no problem. A 30ml bottle of juice (1oz.) is well under the 3oz. limit. It has to go into the famous zip lock baggie. I suggest you double bag it with another zip lock bag. Roll it up, and place it with your other liquids. I double bag mine in case it leaks. I also remove the dropper, cap the bottle, and put the dropper in my shaving kit.

HAve a safe flight.
    jd
    Esoterica3 likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for the tips, JD

Have never had an issue but I do pretty much what you do. Make it blend with the rest of the crap I carry with me

Quote Originally Posted by ritalee76 View Post
    Thanks for the tips, JD

Have never had an issue but I do pretty much what you do. Make it blend with the rest of the crap I carry with me
    I travel by air 2 to 4 times a week. It's been quite a while since I was on an International flight though. I'm really interested to hear from other travelers, epically the ones who are traveling to the e-cig banned countries.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

I wanted to share some of my traveling experiences too.

When it comes to airport security, if I have my kit in my back pack, it get pulled out and questioned every time. Never once have I been told it's "not ok", I just explain what it is and I'm on my way.

On the other hand, I have tried putting it in my laptop carrier bag. In that scenario, never even once has anyone pulled out the kit or asked any questions. It just passes right through.

I like talking about my kit and educating those willing to listen when I have time. If I'm in a rush, into the laptop bag it goes.

C

Quote Originally Posted by cvapure View Post
    I wanted to share some of my traveling experiences too.

When it comes to airport security, if I have my kit in my back pack, it get pulled out and questioned every time. Never once have I been told it's "not ok", I just explain what it is and I'm on my way.

On the other hand, I have tried putting it in my laptop carrier bag. In that scenario, never even once has anyone pulled out the kit or asked any questions. It just passes right through.

I like talking about my kit and educating those willing to listen when I have time. If I'm in a rush, into the laptop bag it goes.

C
    It's great to educate people, but you *don't* want to try to educate the TSA Security people. I've been traveling for over 40 years, and I've seen some pretty weird things in security. You'll possibly get a stubborn one some day that will find an excuse to refuse passage. When the TSA is involved, it's best to keep your e-cig with the computer things, where it's buried among the other electronics. Don't push it, you may loose it.

Tye

Ok, i know this sounds bad but... I have get a lot of things onto a plane that shouldn't have been... I fly courier, therefor no space for baggage... stashing anything with electronics such as laptop/charger/cellphone and charger/ipod all in one bag looks like a mess on the xray machine, hiding a e-cig amoungst all that stuff is NO problem... And when asked about what it is a just say its a inhaler or other medicin delivery device... No one questions medical problems lol...

Tye

or here is another idea... Don't try to hide your e-cig.. I have a black 901, hide it in plain view... Put a pen cap over the end with the led... looks like a pen when you walk around with it, and if you vape, people will assume you are chewing on your pen. Blow the vapor down to your side and no one is the wiser...

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I travel a bit internationally. Of course put the liquid in the ziplock. I unscrew the batts from the atomizers and use the Altoids tin. I think it blocks the x-ray, whatever, I have had no problems at all.
    David

Tye

I guess it didn't look suspicions , the only thing blocking x-rays is lead.. That would be a strange way to carry your e-cig.. The pen cap thing, is a favorite of mine, works well if you have the rite cap..

Quote Originally Posted by Tye View Post
    I guess it didn't look suspicions , the only thing blocking x-rays is lead.. That would be a strange way to carry your e-cig.. The pen cap thing, is a favorite of mine, works well if you have the rite cap..
    There's no need to hide you're e-cig. They're not banned. What you *do* want to watch is how you pack it. A passthrough especially. If your passthrough is sloppily packed, it's a tube with a wire. Under an X-Ray, it will have "detonator" written all over it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast