Air Travel and the Personal Vaporizer FAQ and Blog!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Air Travel and the Personal Vaporizer FAQ and Blog!!!

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Home Residence is Chicago, Spend 20 days a month in several of 37 Countries
    Blog Entries

Default Air Travel and the Personal Vaporizer FAQ and Blog!!!

Hey everyone,

I have recently had a flood of PM's with questions about vaping on planes, in airports, security, ect... Most of these questions have been answered here on the travel forum, but I understand the search function can take awhile to get the hang of.

I decided to start a blog here at ECF! Just an inside view of air travel and the PV from an International Flight Attendant. I'll talk about my personal experiences and what Ive been able to find out from others in the industry, as well as post FAQ's and trip reports with my experiences while vaping on different airlines, hotels, airports, and countries.

Of course, I will continue to post in the forums, but this is just a chance to get some extra information, and read about some crazy experiences Ive had while vaping out on the road! Im just getting started, but I will update as often as I can.

I just added the first entry- An Introduction, and who is this RIAFlight25 guy???

Check it out!

Safe Travels!!!

Vaping At FL370 Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

OK, RYAN Air, will stickie this! Come back to post in it!

Full Member ECF Veteran

If you have any questions about security in US airports feel free to contact me. I work for TSA so I should be able to answer just about all your questions.

Default Me too

Quote Originally Posted by 13ways View Post
    If you have any questions about security in US airports feel free to contact me. I work for TSA so I should be able to answer just about all your questions.

13ways: Where do you work? I'm a Supervisor with TSA in NY.

Full Member ECF Veteran

TSO in MCO. There is also a supplier who works with me. He doesnt have his site on this board yet though.

The link doesn't work, and I am very interested in reading this.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Philly click the little blue 1 next to blog entries under his avatar.

TSO in MCO. There is also a supplier who works with me. He doesnt have his site on this board yet though.
    I travel almost every week out of MCO Im sure at one point you did a bag check on me. Im the jerk with all the funky electronics in his carry on

on a side note, Im STILL pissed about CLEAR going under

Anyway, Ive been wondering what you guys (the TSA) know about e-cigs? So far Ive been keeping my ecig in the pen pockets of my briefcase and the juice in my "311" baggie. Im just waiting for the day when a TSA looks at either the device itself or the juice and questions it.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran radiokaos's Avatar

Sorry but I think I would rather take input from a Pilot or Crew member over a TSA agent any day. Plus RIAflight 25 is a cool dude.
    Last edited by radiokaos; 08-15-2009 at 04:46 AM.
    PLANofMAN likes this.

First Supplier to Manufacture WTA (Whole tobacco Alkaloid)
    10% coupon code on
    www.aromaejuice.com is "ECF".

Full Member ECF Veteran

Erik if you got bag check from an overweight sarcastic officer whose uniform doesnt fit too well (I've been losing weight) then that would be me. Im there from 10am till 8pm so chances are I'm there when you are.

Radiokaos, to each their own and I understand there are a lot of people that have a stigma about TSA and hate everything involved with the administration. All I am doing is offering assistance not belittling others who are doing the same thing. I am actually rather used to people not liking me simply because of the job I do. It kind of comes with working for the second most hated agency in America. We have not quite surpassed the IRS but we are working hard and one day we hope to take that top spot (bottom spot?). I think actual cavity searches and not just hinting at them would do the trick.

*edit because I forgot to answer Eriks question about what we know*
    In MCO we actually know quite a bit because of one of our own being a supplier and talking to everyone about them. We know what they are, how they work and some of us know what they look like on xray. West checkpoint does I should say. I do not work on the East side and therefor do not know how much they actually know about them.
    Last edited by 13ways; 08-17-2009 at 02:11 AM.
    Ronald3638 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast