Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Important update from ECITA: Legal advice re prospective bans

Hello, I'm quite new and still studying up.

I have a question:

What, exactly, is scheduled to happen on the 8th of October? and, if the vote were to go against us, would it immediately go into effect? Could all the vape shops and venders be forced to shut down immediately?

Ultra Member Supporting Member Codz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatyTheCleaningLady View Post
    Hello, I'm quite new and still studying up.

I have a question:

What, exactly, is scheduled to happen on the 8th of October? and, if the vote were to go against us, would it immediately go into effect? Could all the vape shops and venders be forced to shut down immediately?
    No, it will be 2016 before it comes into force in the UK. That's if nothing changes between now and then, and if it does occur than it will also depend on if any current / new vendors and suppliers can get their stuff licensed (which will be prohibitively expensive for virtually all)

Press releases : MHRA

"back and forth forever" ))<>((

I'm very new too but I've sent an email to the Welsh government consultation page as soon as I saw it. We have the moral high ground here whereas when we smoked we didn't. Every single argument against vaping seems riddled with coach and horse sized holes.

Senior Member Verified Member Ripshod's Avatar

2016? In my reckoning I'll be done with vaping by then.

However I'll not be dropping my support. The way I see it we still have 2yrs to save peeps from the smellies - that is guaranteed. Given the chance that the legislation doesn't go through on the first attempts we have a lot longer.

Vape on!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12