Anyone here used fasttech. - Page 51
Page 51 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455611011515511051 ... LastLast
Like Tree25282Likes

Thread: Anyone here used fasttech.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by terry w View Post

I thought i would have a go at building a micro coil earlier. I am still running it in, about 10 minutes now.
    I got 3.2 ohms with 8 wraps of 32 gauge kanthal,round a double 3mm wick.

I have to say i am not finding much difference between this, and the last coil i did, which was 1.7 ohms if i remember correctly, with 5 wraps.It may improve with a bit more time though, i am still getting plenty vapour and taste.
    That's strange, I always thought a micro-coil gave a lower resistance and loads more vapour and flavour. I've not tried doing one yet, but that's what I've read. You're supposed to have the coils touching too, is that right Terry??
    Cherry red Provari, Reo Grand, LP Reo Grand, Taifun GT, 4xKayfun v3.1, RM2, KFL, 3xKFL+V2, 4xRussian 91%, bagua, 3x Astro, aga, IPV2 v2, Foggers, Kraken, ithaka, Aqua, D-Eagle, Aios, RSST's, Vamo v2, SVD, KTS+, 2xVmod 2.0s, 2xVmod XL, GP Paps Lux, 6x Nemesis, 2x Stillare, Stingray, Poldiac, Caravela, Private V2, k100, Chi-You. In the post - Juices.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by trouble1000 View Post
    That's strange, I always thought a micro-coil gave a lower resistance and loads more vapour and flavour. I've not tried doing one yet, but that's what I've read. You're supposed to have the coils touching too, is that right Terry??
    Yeah i think you are correct there ian.

I have got them as close together as i can. I wrapped directly around the wick, and probably slipped up doing it that way.

What i will do next time is, make the coil on it`s own, then feed the wick through.
    that way i should be able to get the coils touching.

Mvp2, Ipv2, Hana v3, 5* I-Sticks, 3* Orchids, 2* Kayfuns+1 Mini, 2* Rockets, Lemo Drop, Trident. Back Up Mechs. In`t Post 70 watt hana, 4* Lemo`s, coiling Jig.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Yeah cheers mate, I thought that was the case.
    It does sound wrong though to have them touching, when I first read it, I thought WHAT !!! But apparently if all the coils touch it stops the shorts and lowers the resistance.
    That's what I love about this place, there's so much info, even if a lot of it doesn't make sense

Maybe try wrapping the coils on the end of a 2mm drill bit first, that might work.
    terry w likes this.
    Cherry red Provari, Reo Grand, LP Reo Grand, Taifun GT, 4xKayfun v3.1, RM2, KFL, 3xKFL+V2, 4xRussian 91%, bagua, 3x Astro, aga, IPV2 v2, Foggers, Kraken, ithaka, Aqua, D-Eagle, Aios, RSST's, Vamo v2, SVD, KTS+, 2xVmod 2.0s, 2xVmod XL, GP Paps Lux, 6x Nemesis, 2x Stillare, Stingray, Poldiac, Caravela, Private V2, k100, Chi-You. In the post - Juices.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Yeah cheers mate, I thought that was the case.
    It does sound wrong though to have them touching, when I first read it, I thought WHAT !!! But apparently if all the coils touch it stops the shorts and lowers the resistance.
    That's what I love about this place, there's so much info, even if a lot of it doesn't make sense

Maybe try wrapping the coils on the end of a 2mm drill bit first, that might work.
    TBH with you mate,

I will try again next time, and even if i don`t perfect it, it is no big deal.

I am quite content just using a bog standared coil, You can`t really go wrong building these drippers. But i am a bit like you, and like to tinker and experiment, all part of the fun

Mvp2, Ipv2, Hana v3, 5* I-Sticks, 3* Orchids, 2* Kayfuns+1 Mini, 2* Rockets, Lemo Drop, Trident. Back Up Mechs. In`t Post 70 watt hana, 4* Lemo`s, coiling Jig.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm looking forward to getting my drippers now too. I may even have another go at my aga tomorrow, just to get myself ready for the drippers. Plus I need to make up some more of my choco/caramel mix, using the last 2ml today.
    So if I'm not on here much tomorrow you'll know why

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm looking forward to getting my drippers now too. I may even have another go at my aga tomorrow, just to get myself ready for the drippers. Plus I need to make up some more of my choco/caramel mix, using the last 2ml today.
    So if I'm not on here much tomorrow you'll know why
    No prob mate,

Me and paul can talk about you. Yes it makes sense to get a bit of practice in.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by terry w View Post
    No prob mate,

Me and paul can talk about you. Yes it makes sense to get a bit of practice in.
    Wonder what's happened to Paul anyway, With a bit of luck he's finishing off the 3 stooges project for us (know what I mean )

Think I'm gonna try cotton on the aga this time, but definitely no mesh.

Anyway, enough of this idle banter. I'm gonna see if there's any decent films on and have a vapefest. Speak to you tomorrow mate and stay away from FT
    terry w likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Wonder what's happened to Paul anyway, With a bit of luck he's finishing off the 3 stooges project for us (know what I mean )

Think I'm gonna try cotton on the aga this time, but definitely no mesh.

Anyway, enough of this idle banter. I'm gonna see if there's any decent films on and have a vapefest. Speak to you tomorrow mate and stay away from FT
    yep i have done with mesh too mate,

Good luck on finding anything decent to watch on telly.

Senior Member Verified Member

Ay up chaps, not an appy chappy tonight. Doing great guns on the mod and then had a meltdown as it disintigrated in front of my eyes arghhhhhh! My own stupid fault as left an adjustable on the shelf above the lathe which decided to fall off whilst taking a cut.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Juicemoose View Post
    Ay up chaps, not an appy chappy tonight. Doing great guns on the mod and then had a meltdown as it disintigrated in front of my eyes arghhhhhh! My own stupid fault as left an adjustable on the shelf above the lathe which decided to fall off whilst taking a cut.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo !