Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: What's your favourite tank?

Ultra Member Supporting Member Roger_Lafayette's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terry w View Post
    There is always the vivi nova tank, Pretty well priced as they are getting a bit dated now but should be perfect for your needs.
    THANKS! Just ordered a couple.

2. Advertisement
    Ultra Member Supporting Member Codz's Avatar

The original protank used to annoy me with leaks and gurgling too often, but i like the protank 2 (havent tried a 3 yet). The problem i find with clearos/protanks, etc is that they mute the flavour compared to carto tanks and and RBAs like the kayfun. I have a kayfun lite and an aga, but I'm not very good at building coils and getting them on so whilst I think the taste is great when you get them right, they are a little too much hassle for me to use regularly.

Based on the above, Carto tanks are my favourite with smok 2 hole 1.5ohm dual coil cartos. It's definitely worth spending the extra on decent carto tanks too.. i had a couple of cheaper ones which ended up leaking and generally being a PITA. I've one from IBT in the U.S and a 'big boaby' from alba vapours, both of which work great and look great and as long as you prime your carto right and start them off at a lower voltage for the first few puffs i get about 30 - 40ml per carto.
    SteveMc likes this.

"back and forth forever" ))<>((

FWIW Codz, my protank II does leak a little. I have duct tape around the edges of the tank, which is kinda ugly The leak isn't catastrophic (more of a pinhole) but that makes the tank slippery and "e-juicy" if you know what I mean (and I'm sure you do). Not nice.

Am anxiously awaiting my Viva Nova.

Ultra Member Supporting Member Codz's Avatar

Vivi novas do a decent job beware though, as they can leak too!

When you put a new head on your protank 2 if you keep it topped up and never let it drop below about a 3rd full it shouldnt leak... My protank 2s leaked a bit, but i read that it can be a problem if you let them get low on liquid (something to do with the pressure) and since keeping them topped up above a third full i havent had any problems with them.

"back and forth forever" ))<>((

Quote Originally Posted by Codz View Post
    Vivi novas do a decent job beware though, as they can leak too!

When you put a new head on your protank 2 if you keep it topped up and never let it drop below about a 3rd full it shouldnt leak... My protank 2s leaked a bit, but i read that it can be a problem if you let them get low on liquid (something to do with the pressure) and since keeping them topped up above a third full i havent had any problems with them.
    Thx! Can you (or anyone) please recommend a top-loading tank that doesn't leak? I find the duct tape annoying, but it does work for me. My Vivis are coming. What I find ironic is that clearomizers work just fine, except they're disposable.

Super Member Verified Member

My favorite was first the Aspire Vivi Nova and now by far the Aspire Nautilus. Oh and the Aspire line can also be rebuilt with a couple videos out there by RiP Trippers.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran DetraMental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My Favorite tank is my Phiniac tank, but I like my Ibtank as well. Both work great.

Have a sense of humor, keep a sense of humor, don't lose your sense of humor....

I have used a Nova STV top coil tank, its not bad but the coils dont last too long but its dead easy to fill and cheap to buy.

So far, Codz, my Vivi Nova hasn't leaked (I got a second one, and will likely phase out my protank II with it). The protank doesn't seem to care how full it is, it just wants to leak. I suspect maybe their O-ring sealing system just doesn't work - or maybe I have bad O-rings.

What really ticks off me about the protank is that I have to upend it to fill it from the bottom, and then of course it will leak a bit from the top when I do that. (That would be tolerable of course in the greater scheme of things - my biggest gripe is the leakage that occurs during normal vaping.)

I also suspect that coils don't work as well as wicks for vapor production.

On the other side, the Vivis have a plastic mouthpiece, which isn't particularly to my taste, and they don't have that metal "collar" that the protank does which protects the interface between the tankomizer and the battery. I wish I could buy the collars by themselves, but I can't.

All in all - even though: (1) the protank is "built like a tank" (pun intended); (2) I generally prefer glass & metal to plastic for both the tank and the mouthpiece; and (3) I love that metal collar ... leaking during normal vaping use w/o duct tape around the tank is unacceptable, and the duct tape itself is borderline unacceptable.

So the vivi nova wins by a couple noses of so over the protank 2 at least IMHO.

Anyway I'm going to get a third battery to support my habit of switching back and forth between strong menthol and full-flavor tobacco juices, so it's time to stop spending money on equipment. I think I'm out almost $150 (= 115 quid or 100 Euros I believe) so far not including batteries and juice ... so it's time to stop fiddling with the vaping interface and move on to DIY. I figure it's going to take me another few months before I have everything to my liking.

On the other hand, I don't really use analogs anymore, so that's what really counts!
    Last edited by Roger_Lafayette; 01-30-2014 at 01:28 PM.

PV Master ECF Veteran

I used Vivi Novas for 3-4 months. I always enjoyed the vape and as long as you remember to swill the liquid, they seem good.
    I soon got the hang of rebuilding them, but mostly chose not to.
    DJS. MVP v.2 / SID / Nemesis + Sigelei 8w / Vamo V5 / Spinners / iTasteVV and even cig-a-likes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast