Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Vamo V5 question

Ultra Member Supporting Member Codz's Avatar

Default Vamo V5 question

OK, i dont own and have never tried a vamo, and im no expert on batteries but i do know that stacking them isnt generally a good idea unless you really know what you are doing so i find it a bit strange that they are being advertised on this particular website as being able to use 1 18350 or 2.

Vamo V5 (VV-VW) Advanced Kit | Go-Liquid Ltd UK

It might just be me, but i thought a vamo v5 could be used in either 18350 mode or 18650 mode...
    terry w and Cap'nTripps like this.

"back and forth forever" ))<>((

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Codz View Post
    OK, i dont own and have never tried a vamo, and im no expert on batteries but i do know that stacking them isnt generally a good idea unless you really know what you are doing so i find it a bit strange that they are being advertised on this particular website as being able to use 1 18350 or 2.

Vamo V5 (VV-VW) Advanced Kit | Go-Liquid Ltd UK

It might just be me, but i thought a vamo v5 could be used in either 18350 mode or 18650 mode...
    Not 100% sure cody, but i do know with my lava tube you can stack two 350`s in fact that is the only set up what works with it and this was explained to me before i bought it many months ago.

I think stacking is only really dangerous in a mech mate, as there is no regulation, where as with the lava tube/vamo it will offer some overload protection.
    Codz likes this.
    Bagua, Tvs all brass, nemesis, Caravela, Chi-you, Atom, Bellwether, Tree of life...Trident RDA, 4 kayfuns, 2 russians, Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by terry w View Post
    Not 100% sure cody, but i do know with my lava tube you can stack two 350`s in fact that is the only set up what works with it and this was explained to me before i bought it many months ago.

I think stacking is only really dangerous in a mech mate, as there is no regulation, where as with the lava tube/vamo it will offer some overload protection.
    ahhh ok... i thought there was a problem where you had to make sure you used the 2 same batteries all the time to make sure they both held the same charge, but yeah i guess it would only be a problem in a mech.

I did think that the extension tube for a vamo was for an 18650 though rather than 2 350s
    terry w likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

ahhh ok... i thought there was a problem where you had to make sure you used the 2 same batteries all the time to make sure they both held the same charge, but yeah i guess it would only be a problem in a mech.

I did think that the extension tube for a vamo was for an 18650 though rather than 2 350s
    Me too in all honesty mate, are you thinking of getting one ? If you are you may as well just stick with your vari cody and save some pennies.
    Codz likes this.
    Bagua, Tvs all brass, nemesis, Caravela, Chi-you, Atom, Bellwether, Tree of life...Trident RDA, 4 kayfuns, 2 russians, Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by terry w View Post
    Me too in all honesty mate, are you thinking of getting one ? If you are you may as well just stick with your vari cody and save some pennies.
    Naaa, when i get another mod it will be another provari or a semovar. I was just looking at a few websites that i hadnt tried before in case i was missing anything There are so many ecig/eliquid websites cropping up all the time - some of them dont look up to much, but they are bound to get business from people new to vaping and it's a shame for some of those people as they will get such a bad impression of vaping that they will prob end up going back to analogs.

With all the crap out there then it's pretty certain tighter regulations are going to come in - let's face it, it costs hardly anything to set up a crappy website and buy a load of stuff of fasttech then sell it on at 3 times the price.
    terry w likes this.

Super Member Verified Member

The Vamo I have comes to configure with the extension for 1 - 18650 or 2 - 18350. Now you can remove it and use a single 18350. They recommend IMR High Drain batteries with it. Other types might work but I've not tried but one 18650 Panasonic protected type that was bought in error. It worked OK but prefer the IMR to it.

PV Master ECF Veteran

I have one (V5). There is 0.00000001 % chance of me risking it in stacked mode.

I like it in 18350, but 700mAh isn't exactly great.

Let's face it, the whole website is trying a bit too hard. Some people call it bull s***. I am not going that far, as it looks better than many.
    DJS. MVP v.2 / SID / Nemesis + Sigelei 8w / Vamo V5 / Spinners / iTasteVV and even cig-a-likes.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Naaa, when i get another mod it will be another provari or a semovar. I was just looking at a few websites that i hadnt tried before in case i was missing anything There are so many ecig/eliquid websites cropping up all the time - some of them dont look up to much, but they are bound to get business from people new to vaping and it's a shame for some of those people as they will get such a bad impression of vaping that they will prob end up going back to analogs.

With all the crap out there then it's pretty certain tighter regulations are going to come in - let's face it, it costs hardly anything to set up a crappy website and buy a load of stuff of fasttech then sell it on at 3 times the price.
    Very true that cody.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I bought a Vamo kit which came with two 18350 batteries - the manual didn't specify anything dangerous about stacking them, and being a bit of a newbie I just went ahead and stacked them up.

I was relatively new to ECF and didn't realize there may be a risk to doing this. I've since stopped.

I'd have liked to have seen a disclaimer stating the extension mode is really intended for 18650 use, but I've just read over it again and there is no such reference.

I guess if you know your stuff, rotate correctly, and make sure they are charged in pairs etc then you might get away with stacking with absolutely no issues, but I was green behind the ears and didn't track which one went in first (ever) and they will have been different voltages going in there for sure (I'd not have checked prior to stacking)

It does suggest, to an uneducated newbie, that you could/should use both batteries with not a single head up on the risks and precautions to take.

Worrying, but thank God for ECF.

I now use 18650 through the day and revert to single 18350 whilst the bigger batteries are charging.

I have for the last 6 weeks used 18350 s stacked with no problem. I have just got some 18650s and will now only use 18350 in smaller mode but lile i said no problems

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast