Cannot get cotton wick working!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Cannot get cotton wick working!!

  1. #21
    Super Member ECF Veteran Bubblegum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    UK, Kent
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarsAndBars View Post
    No big deal. If that is the set up you enjoy there's not a thing wrong with it. I like a bit more vapor, warmth, and flavor so I tend to enjoy a bit lower resistance if I'm using lower voltage.

    An ohm is simply a unit of resistance. The lower the ohm, the lower the resistance of a coil, therefore the higher the amount of power (watts) that can be produced by the same amount of voltage. Hope that helps.
    that's what i miss from the cig a like e-cigs. the warmth when when vaping.

    How can i achieve more warmth and vapour?

    I'm going to be DIY'ing some VG juice.

  2. #22
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    I may have some bad news for you, but I'm gonna give it to you straight. Cig-a-likes will not give the same performance as a larger device.
    I don't carry around something that looks like a garage door opener in my pants because I like the size, it's because I like the superior performance.

    In order to get a warmer, more satisfying vape, you may just have to upgrade your gear. If you will be upgrading from cig-a-likes, then it's safe to say you will absolutely have to bite the bullet and get something that looks nothing like a cig. I was very hesitant to get a larger device. I wanted to keep as close to the size and shape of a cig as possible.

    I spent a lot of time and money, gradually upgrading devices (and consequently increasing the size) until I finally decided "@#$% it, I'm getting a big honking box mod just to see where this goes from here." Should have done it right off the bat.

    Not saying you have to get a box mod to get an incredible vape, but you will have to come to terms sooner or later that the best experience can only be had by a device that is built for performance, not to resemble a cigarette.

  3. #23
    Super Member ECF Veteran Bubblegum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    UK, Kent
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarsAndBars View Post
    I may have some bad news for you, but I'm gonna give it to you straight. Cig-a-likes will not give the same performance as a larger device.
    I don't carry around something that looks like a garage door opener in my pants because I like the size, it's because I like the superior performance.

    In order to get a warmer, more satisfying vape, you may just have to upgrade your gear. If you will be upgrading from cig-a-likes, then it's safe to say you will absolutely have to bite the bullet and get something that looks nothing like a cig. I was very hesitant to get a larger device. I wanted to keep as close to the size and shape of a cig as possible.

    I spent a lot of time and money, gradually upgrading devices (and consequently increasing the size) until I finally decided "@#$% it, I'm getting a big honking box mod just to see where this goes from here." Should have done it right off the bat.

    Not saying you have to get a box mod to get an incredible vape, but you will have to come to terms sooner or later that the best experience can only be had by a device that is built for performance, not to resemble a cigarette.
    Oh i don't even use my cig-like things any more ( i had a puff the other day and it was like a toy lol)

    I'm pure Ego-T and EGO battery with EVOD heads and i have one Protank (but find cold on the lips lol)

    I'm pretty impressed with the amount of vapour I get now using the EVOD and silica wicks so i though cotton would create even more vapour..

    I was stating that i liked the warmth of the vapour on the cig-a-like ones.

    The vapour that comes from the EVOD and EGO battery is cool.

    I'm quite the opposite. I love pulling out a huge thing like my GREEN ego-T battery lol! everyone just stares at me

  4. #24
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Changing to cotton wicks really won't produce more vapor. Better flavor? IMO oh yes. The surest way is to increase your wattage. This will only be done by increasing voltage or using a lower ohm coil.

  5. #25
    Super Member ECF Veteran Bubblegum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    UK, Kent
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Well i have a 1.8ohm coil (silica wick) in my evod at the moment with the EGO-T battery vaping at 3.4V.

    What do you suggest a good Volt to vape it at?

  6. #26
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    Well i have a 1.8ohm coil (silica wick) in my evod at the moment with the EGO-T battery vaping at 3.4V.

    What do you suggest a good Volt to vape it at?
    I'd go to around 4 volts honestly. The problem you may run into would be a possible burnt taste. This is most commonly caused by a lack of air flow going to your coil (tanks and clearos can be susceptible to this often), or using juice that is too thick to wick as fast as you are vaping it.

    You can see how a can of worms may be opened here. If you're happy with what you got I say there is no need to change it, but personally I'd have to go with 4 volts just to check it out. Didn't realize any devices went down to 3.4 volts.
    Bubblegum likes this.

  7. #27
    Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Rossum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    2,966
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    There's really no "correct" answer. If possible, turn it up incrementally, 0.1 volt at a time to see where you like it best. However, 4V across 8 ohms is darn near 9 watts, and IMO, that's pushing an Evod pretty hard.
    Bubblegum likes this.

  8. #28
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rossum View Post
    There's really no "correct" answer. If possible, turn it up incrementally, 0.1 volt at a time to see where you like it best. However, 4V across 8 ohms is darn near 9 watts, and IMO, that's pushing an Evod pretty hard.
    Good point here. I have to say though if 9 watts is pushing a device hard it may be time to look for a different device. This is of course unless you're happy with what ya got. In that case you can pretty much ignore everything I've said in this thread
    Bubblegum likes this.

  9. #29
    Super Member ECF Veteran Bubblegum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    UK, Kent
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Well I always like going bigger an better! I started with cgi a likes now egos and evod! Now I want to venture into the mod mods! But I'm not sure where to go next.

    Don't want to spend to much yet, but I'm sure there's some good stuff on FastTech that could help me step up to the next level?

  10. #30
    PV Master ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    W England
    Posts
    4,591

    Default

    I've been vaping on an iClear16 today.

    That is a warm vape... no kidding. Like inhaling in a sauna.....
    DJS. MVP v.2 / Nemesis / Vamo V5 / Spinners / iTasteVV / iStick

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast