Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Fire!

Thank you for the replies, I should have realised it was different ecig charges being used on other types of ecig.

I'm am useless with all the technical stuff :-(

2. Advertisement
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ian-field View Post
    Todays papers seem to be full of warnings about exploding lithium batteries - how worried should I be?
    There have been far more problems with cell phones than E-Cigs yet no publicity on those.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...one+fires&sm=3

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

After reading last nite on another thread about a battery fire I decided to order this thru amazon - Lipo Battery Fireproof Bag Storage Bag for extra piece of mind/security.

Was very inexpensive -

Amazon.com : Free US Ship Lipo Battery Fireproof Bag Storage Bag Lipo Battery Guard Safe Bag Fiber Material for Charge & Storage 30x23cm : Remote Control Vehicle Batteries : Toys & Games
    MorpheusPA likes this.

Ultra Member Supporting Member Codz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keonee View Post
    After reading last nite on another thread about a battery fire I decided to order this thru amazon - Lipo Battery Fireproof Bag Storage Bag for extra piece of mind/security.

Was very inexpensive -

Amazon.com : Free US Ship Lipo Battery Fireproof Bag Storage Bag Lipo Battery Guard Safe Bag Fiber Material for Charge & Storage 30x23cm : Remote Control Vehicle Batteries : Toys & Games
    I've got one of these too, they arent going to completely prevent damage if there's a problem, but for the cost if they prevent a small fire in your house its a no-brainer.
    MorpheusPA likes this.

"back and forth forever" ))<>((

Was very inexpensive -

Usually I place any batteries that might flame in a tobacco tin lined with a strip of mica to prevent shorting and causing thermal runaway.

Probably worth mentioning somewhere in the discussion - never chuck water on a lithium fire! Water makes it flare up even worse!
    MorpheusPA likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Was very inexpensive -

Didn't realise these could be had so cheap! The only ones I happened to spot before were very expensive for what they are. Can't go wrong for £2.59 on eBay!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky1384 View Post
    Didn't realise these could be had so cheap! The only ones I happened to spot before were very expensive for what they are. Can't go wrong for £2.59 on eBay!
    Having seen footage of a laptop literally spouting a jet of flame like a flamethrower, I sort of doubt anything in the form of a "bag" is going to do much.

Planting the battery in a bucket of sand is probably as safe as you can get.

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ian-field View Post
    Todays papers seem to be full of warnings about exploding lithium batteries - how worried should I be?
    I don't think there is Reason to be Overly Worried. But I think there is Enough Reason to take some Simple Precautions.

Like not Charging Batteries on top of a Pile of Papers or Oily Rags.

And Not Charging Batteries Unattended or while you are Asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky1384 View Post
    I think I remember youtube vid showing the difference between the Original Lipo Bag and cheaper ones- big diff.
    zoiDman likes this.
    ...................... . .........................

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by r77r7r View Post
    I think I remember youtube vid showing the difference between the Original Lipo Bag and cheaper ones- big diff.
    I remember reading an Amazon review about a Lipo Bag where the Buyer said that he put a Lighter to the Bag and it Caught on Fire. He went on to say that he felt that charging in a Old Pillow Case would be Just As Effective. And $15 Cheaper.

Just like Many Things, a $5 Lipo Charging Bag on e-Bay Might not be the Best Call. And perhaps it would be Better to Spend a Few Bucks More on One where you can Read Reviews about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12