Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Enigmatica
  • 2 Post By Motorfrog
  • 1 Post By Rat2chat2
  • 1 Post By Pictor

Thread: Nearly fell off (the wagon)

Default Nearly fell off (the wagon)

I needed to go get coal for the Rayburn and hay for the cow. I couldn't find my debit card and thought it might be in the truck. While looking for it there, between the seats was a brand new packet of 20 menthol cigarettes, all pristine with its shiny cellophane wrapper still on. For a moment I just wondered whether it would smell like in the old days and it was so tempting to just peel off the wrapper, flip the lid, pull off the silver paper and just sniff.......

but I didn't!!!!!!
    111s likes this.

Full Member Verified Member Motorfrog's Avatar

Congratulations on your willpower.

I'm still smoking occasionally, mainly first thing in the morning, after a meal or if I'm drinking but I've cut down hugely.

I will beat this
    Enigmatica and 111s like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Congrats to you I think most people have thought about it. I am not most people. I still remember how bad the last cigarettes I smoked tasted. I wasn't gonna waste them. I hope I never forget. Be proud of yourself for fighting the urge when it was right there. Must mean something good.
    Enigmatica likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Pictor's Avatar

You didn't! that's terrific

I've had my two packs (standard and menthol) together with lighters only inches from my keyboard ever since the last day I smoked. There's 200 in the drawer too ...only two or three times have I truly felt as though I would like one.
    It was realising how mad I'd be with myself if I did that stopped me!

Keep proudly looking at that banner as it clocks up the days etc. ..I've found it very inspirational/motivating.
    Enigmatica likes this.