VAMO Owners - Pics, Tips, Tricks and Quirks - Page 77
Page 77 of 94 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Like Tree1360Likes

Thread: VAMO Owners - Pics, Tips, Tricks and Quirks

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

a friend dropped his vamo and broke the - button. I took it apart, and the switch is broken, not just a stuck metal button. anyone know if anyone is selling replacement switches and are there any rubber buttons on the market yet? I've seen the vamos on alibaba with colored rubber buttons, but no buttons individually for sale.

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by pellski89 View Post
    guys i need some help.. i won a vamo v2 in a contest by wraps,well somthing happened with the center pin,nothing will work on top of it.. i did notice that the little rummer insulator is not there anymore...this is my girlfriends only device..is there a way to try and fix it.. please help
    I notice people like to tighten things down like all this gear is made like a stainless carto's fitting. That nice snug fit you go for on a VAMO will pop that gasket out. You don't want to tighten anything that much, as even most clearo's have gaskets as well, and you'll get a leak on THAT end.

Only tighten so as to achieve connectivity.
    peraspera and Proetus like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I wish someone would offer a slide on leather or fabric cover that could offer some padding. Not a wrap, but a sleeve that would make the Vamo more comfortable to hold and cushion drops.

Dreamer Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hi everyone,
    Someone gifted me a Vamo
    What kind of batteries does it use?
    AW, Unprotected, Protected ???

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Unprotected AW / IMR.
    dolphins35 likes this.
    eVIC, Vamo V2 (stacked), VVV tanks (Tanks rock!)
    Break-even in Feb March May November! (Made it!). (Grab your own break-even spreadsheet!)

Dreamer Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Disconnect View Post
    Unprotected AW / IMR.
    Thank you

Genisis Junkie Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I use Panasonic CGR18650CH button tops w/out issue.
    dolphins35 and i_is_surf like this.
    STILL WAITING ON MY EFFING

Ω - Resistance isn't futile, it's crucial for a good vape.

VAMO Owners - Pics, Tips, Tricks and Quirks-img_1052.jpgVAMO Owners - Pics, Tips, Tricks and Quirks-snapshot_20130401_1.jpg Just 2 new pictures of my new Vamo v2 with a jwrap, viva nova tank clearomizer (red) with a blue swirled mouth piece. I have only one 18350 efest battery in it (so have it in short mode) that way have my other 18350 battery on standby.

I have used "over the counter" type e-cigs, then I got a used EGO. After the EGO, I got me a KGO (original version) x 3 but after one was stolen and the other 2 broke I got me the KGO VV (original) and was so happy with it that I wanted a second one but got a Spinner vv instead. The spinner dropped 1 too many times and finally went dead and the KGO VV did not like me chain-vaping and the battery started overheating. I got tired of spending $20 or so on new ego clone type batteries I got my first MOD/APV; the Vamo v2.

I love the Vamo, it is easy to use and has some really great controls. It does go through my juice on the fast side though, maybe later will get a different atty/clearo/carto for it. It is a lot better than the over heating KGO (it was burning juice so hot that I was going through much more juice than I was really vaping and getting dry hits a lot).

I do agree the buttons do frighten me a little - getting broken or something. I think I will use some of my extra leather and create a protective sleeve or a lanyard for it (to protect the buttons). I will need to make sure that I use something to keep the leather sleeve or lanyard from pressing the buttons (that was happening with my KGO VV in my lanyard - it always changed my volts because of that).

Does anybody know a diy on the forum for something like that (protect the buttons and prevent them from being pressed also)? I don't want to start up another collection (my dog figure collection (ceramic, porcelin, stuffed, etc...), my knife and sword collection and now possible an e-cig/apv collection....that is too much. I like this unit so much, I want to get another soon too (as a backup).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VAMO Owners - Pics, Tips, Tricks and Quirks-img_1052-1-.jpg  
    peraspera and PondScum like this.

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by gjanderson View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1052.jpg 
Views:	619 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	194677Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapshot_20130401_1.jpg 
Views:	1309 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	194678 Just 2 new pictures of my new Vamo v2 with a jwrap, viva nova tank clearomizer (red) with a blue swirled mouth piece. I have only one 18350 efest battery in it (so have it in short mode) that way have my other 18350 battery on standby.

I have used "over the counter" type e-cigs, then I got a used EGO. After the EGO, I got me a KGO (original version) x 3 but after one was stolen and the other 2 broke I got me the KGO VV (original) and was so happy with it that I wanted a second one but got a Spinner vv instead. The spinner dropped 1 too many times and finally went dead and the KGO VV did not like me chain-vaping and the battery started overheating. I got tired of spending $20 or so on new ego clone type batteries I got my first MOD/APV; the Vamo v2.

I love the Vamo, it is easy to use and has some really great controls. It does go through my juice on the fast side though, maybe later will get a different atty/clearo/carto for it. It is a lot better than the over heating KGO (it was burning juice so hot that I was going through much more juice than I was really vaping and getting dry hits a lot).

I do agree the buttons do frighten me a little - getting broken or something. I think I will use some of my extra leather and create a protective sleeve or a lanyard for it (to protect the buttons). I will need to make sure that I use something to keep the leather sleeve or lanyard from pressing the buttons (that was happening with my KGO VV in my lanyard - it always changed my volts because of that).

Does anybody know a diy on the forum for something like that (protect the buttons and prevent them from being pressed also)? I don't want to start up another collection (my dog figure collection (ceramic, porcelin, stuffed, etc...), my knife and sword collection and now possible an e-cig/apv collection....that is too much. I like this unit so much, I want to get another soon too (as a backup).
    New member winning brother. So happy to see you going full steam.

And no, I just treat my VAMO like it's filled with Nitro. Handle with care.
    Though Jwraps has some irresistible wraps!

Supporting Member

I just won a Vamo in a raffle at a local meet and is now what I use at work. I notice sometimes when using it I feel a rush of heat coming from the vent hole, is this normal? I use a provari usually and thus has never happened with that device. Just looking for some opinions.

Edit: I'm in Mini mode using a single aw imr 18350
    Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Ravalstoney; 04-02-2013 at 04:53 AM.