Vamo vv vw v2 - user manual for download - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Vamo vv vw v2 - user manual for download

just tried an ultrafire brc18650 4000mah, it reads battery level and resistance but switches off when you fire the device. the battery works fine on other devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthpistachio View Post
    im now maybe wondering is this code might be overheat protection of some kind

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well I'm no expert for sure - but that battery is usually only recommended for light loads - most tests end up measuring it's capacity at half that of which it states - so it might be getting hot and the Vamo shutting everything off?

Also It is a protected cell and High drain non-protected cells are recommended for the Vamo - maybe the trustfire PCB circuit is tripping even though it's supposed to have a 4 A cutoff and the Vamo's limit is 3A.

But if trustfire claim 4000mah for the cell and it actually measures 2600 mah on average maybe they are being less than honest about the PCB current trip amount too...

Your other mods - do they have overheat protection?
    Last edited by Darthpistachio; 12-18-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Thank You for this Darth, most helpful...

ECF Veteran

oooohhh Thanks for this! I was wondering where I'd be able to get one...

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Moved to VAMO discussion

Thanks. Finally got everything together and my vamo is working great. Has to referance the guide to figure out how to switch to rqm mean mode. You guys rock!!

Full Member*

Anyone know who the original manufacturer of the VAMO is? It seems many companies are knocking it off already.

ECF Veteran

Just got mine in the mail today, charging as we speak. This manual will help out a lot since the one that came with the unit doesn't really explain much at all.

I got the starter kit that comes in a black box that says "eGo Variable Volt/Watt APV" on the front. Comes with a charger and two blue batteries that have no real writting on them except for some random non mah numbers. The charger and batteries have no real indication of which way they should face when placed in the charger either. I think I have it correct since I'm assuming the ring indintation around the batt at one end is the positive/up side.

This is my first "big boy" APV... only have been using eGo twists and Vision spinners up until now.

How can I tell what version of vamo I have? I guess this manual is for version 2. I don't know enough to tell which one I got. Sorry if the manual explains this, I havnt read it yet do to a computer issue I'm working out (on my phone now).

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Gummy Bare View Post
    Just got mine in the mail today, charging as we speak. This manual will help out a lot since the one that came with the unit doesn't really explain much at all.

I got the starter kit that comes in a black box that says "eGo Variable Volt/Watt APV" on the front. Comes with a charger and two blue batteries that have no real writting on them except for some random non mah numbers. The charger and batteries have no real indication of which way they should face when placed in the charger either. I think I have it correct since I'm assuming the ring indintation around the batt at one end is the positive/up side.

This is my first "big boy" APV... only have been using eGo twists and Vision spinners up until now.

How can I tell what version of vamo I have? I guess this manual is for version 2. I don't know enough to tell which one I got. Sorry if the manual explains this, I havnt read it yet do to a computer issue I'm working out (on my phone now).
    I guess it's version 2. I got it at VaporBreak and they called it "VV650 VAMO Mod Version 2 STARTER KIT (with metal buttons)
    also called eGo Variable Volt/Watt APV (eGo APV)"

Here's some pics on it:
    Vamo vv vw v2 - user manual for download-img_20121229_112031.jpgVamo vv vw v2 - user manual for download-img_20121229_112113.jpgVamo vv vw v2 - user manual for download-img_20121229_112148.jpg
    pendragon likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Yep, its a version 2.
    About Variable Wattage & Variable Voltage

Gear: LP Reo Grand, Innokin SVD, Vamo, Zmax, VMod XL, CCST, Bolt

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast