VAMO OHM Error FIX! - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: VAMO OHM Error FIX!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by txtumbleweed View Post
    Was this just a certain batch that had this problem? I've had mine for a couple of months and I've never had any problem with mine at all.
    I am just rough on mods. Broken a vamo, a sigelei telescope, a plastic bolt and a vmax. all the 510 connectors.

and I just fixed it. I just took a drip tip o-ring and basically cut it in half. I already had the positive pin pulled out from my previous attempts to repair it. This time I just cut a drip tip o-ring in have and followed the OP instructions the best I could. It worked. happy guy now. I had no way to check the ohms on my rbas.
    txtumbleweed and beckyblue like this.

Da Catt Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

This 'washer' is most likely the top portion of the grommet that isolates the center pin from the sides of the battery connector. Over tightening (and normal wear over time) can cause the top section (washer) of the grommet to be cut off of the rest of the grommet. The center pin then touches the outer section of the connector and causes a short.

Here's a picture of the center pin grommet from Avid Vaper

With the washer fix, you'll still have to be careful when you tighten your atty/tank/carto.
    beckyblue, kiwivap and peraspera like this.

Support CASAA, I do ... Cotton Wick Wiki ... PV Web Apps
    VAMO, Saber Touch, ACDC, Puck, L-Rider Robust, iMotion, Desktop Mod
    Yo Way Yo

Day
    Senior Member ECF Veteran

Wow that's interesting and gives me even more insight on what exactly happened, and why after putting that white "washer" back in it did not work properly... and this seems to be the trend on others who have this issue. I will say though, I see a lot of blaming on "over tightening" when I don't think that's the case really. I don't crank down on anything but I do expect my clearos etc to not wobble all over the place.

I think the real culprit is 510-Ego adapters, as almost everyone I've seen with this issue has used one. I closely inspected the adapter and when you put it on a clearo theres an extra little nub that pops down. This seems to be a sliding piece that you can push back up in there when it's off a clearo. I really didn't tighten the thing like a mad man when it first broke. I think those adapters are about an 1/8th inch too long when they are on a clearo.

The new black washers described in the thread are much thicker, so much so it almost seems like it would be impossible to get it on there, but once it's there, it would take some serious, serious cranking to push that pin down past it. I'm not even sure it's possible to tighten it that much.
    Last edited by Day; 02-25-2013 at 04:37 PM.
    beckyblue likes this.

also a 9.9 reading on the ohm screen means a bad coil....

Day

It reads 9.9 when nothing at all is on it, (or pin isn't making contact) and when I was having the issue it was as simple as putting the atty/clearo on another device to test your theory.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

mine wasnt reading 9.9. i had all kinds of low Ω readings. all less than 1Ω. to test this problem out, just check ohms with nothing attached. if it reads 9.9 its most likely fine.

Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran pdib's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 45root View Post

This time I just cut a drip tip o-ring in have and followed the OP instructions the best I could. It worked. happy guy now. I had no way to check the ohms on my rbas.

^This. Right behind you, man! Great fix, thanx KerryK!
    45root likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I might need this thread at a later date
    Done riding for awhile. ( Equine )

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Working great now , hadto cut washer in half and it went in "LIKE A GLOVE " as the great pet detective says .
    Don't Forget The GRAVY !

Day

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Harbin View Post
    Working great now , hadto cut washer in half and it went in "LIKE A GLOVE " as the great pet detective says .
    Yeah, it aint going in there uncut! I only cut one side, and it took a little work but I got it in there.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast