Had to "repair" my Vamo threads! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Had to "repair" my Vamo threads!

Super Member ECF Veteran SlimXero's Avatar

I've had this same issue, will have to try it. Unfortunately, the ego threads seem to be nearly shot now as well (i tend to drop my vamo...a lot), and I know fixing that will be infinitely more difficult.
    Vamo V3/Chinese Dripper/FlavorZ by Joe Pink Lemonade - SVD/iClear 30/E-Liquid Gold Dragon's Blood - Chi-You #3901/Kayfun Lite/Space Jam's Starship 1

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SlimXero View Post
    I've had this same issue, will have to try it. Unfortunately, the ego threads seem to be nearly shot now as well (i tend to drop my vamo...a lot), and I know fixing that will be infinitely more difficult.
    If you can at least get the 510 connector to grab, you can buy a 510 ego adapter and use that to hold your devices. Personally, I wouldn't go with any adapter except a 510 ego simply because it's easier to handle than the smaller 510 to 510 type.
    peraspera likes this.

ECF Veteran

I'm a bit late here, but I found this store in the UK that sells replacement top caps. So if your workaround should happen to fail, that might be an affordable permanent fix. Vamo SS Battery Connector / Top Cap
    zoiDman, peraspera, nahoku and 1 others like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Maryland, USA Between the Atlantic Ocean and Chesapeake Bay
    Blog Entries

Ziggy, Nice find, except they are in Great Britian and may not take US Dollars, but the price is not too bad. Their PCB is not worth the price however since you might as well buy another replacement at 18 pounds GB.

Anyway, what I wanted to add is that if your VAMO is currently working OK ie: your inner silicone washer is fine and the threads are fine, you might consider an Air Controller to solve both problems. Mad Vapes has one for $2.99 which fits on the top of the VAMO, protects both the inner seal and threads. Link to site here: Tank Airflow Controller

I put one of these on my VAMO and it also solves the problem of carto tanks not having sufficient air flow due to the top sealing off the air.

Since I change tanks frequently during the day, this has been a life saver for my VAMO.

Best Wishes to All
    Wabbit
    peraspera likes this.

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ziggytrix View Post
    I'm a bit late here, but I found this store in the UK that sells replacement top caps. So if your workaround should happen to fail, that might be an affordable permanent fix. Vamo SS Battery Connector / Top Cap
    Never too late for Good Information.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
    Ziggy, Nice find, except they are in Great Britian and may not take US Dollars, but the price is not too bad. Their PCB is not worth the price however since you might as well buy another replacement at 18 pounds GB.
    I checked, they do take Paypal, so you're good on payment options, but I'm not sure if they can ship internationally. I would think they could, but you'd want to contact the store first to be sure they would, especially on such a small item.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ziggytrix View Post
    Good find... for UK people. It would cost $24.56 for the part shipped to me in Ca. Better just to buy a new Vamo from Fastteck and save the PCB from my bad one as a spare. We need a US vendor to bring this in for it to benefit us here.

Quote Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
    Their PCB is not worth the price however since you might as well buy another replacement at 18 pounds GB.
    You can get a replacement PCB for US $18.98 at ExhaleVapors
    peraspera likes this.

any updates as to a US vendor with Vamo SS Battery Connector / Top Cap ? I have asked a couple places I figured someone may machine them or something.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

I had this happen with my KGO and my Vision Spinner. The metal is too soft and "stretches". When I ordered my Vamo from Fasttech I also ordered an adapter so I hopefully avoid that problem. May not look the best, but I'm not constantly screwing/unscrewing into the the Vamo threads. I just leave the adapter on all the time.
    sandybeach likes this.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by nahoku View Post
    Ok... not really repaired, per-se!

My Vamo 510 threads got stripped so badly that nothing at all could screw into it. It was like just a gaping hole! I tried the paper towel and aluminum tape methods mentioned in another thread, but both were a no go. Well, initially they did work, but by the end, no dice!

Since the connector is integrated as part of a solid plate, there is no way to attempt a repair unless you can machine something. I don't have the capability. So... I just took some needle nose pliers and gently squeezed the edges of the 510 connector and deformed it a little.

Now the connector accepts my devices! Of course, it isn't as good as brand new, but it works. Since I only use this Vamo at home, I installed an 510 ego adapter to act as a go-between and all's good now!

I do have a second Vamo which is perfect so far... and, I just ordered another simply because I hate the V3 coming out!

Vamo heaven!

Peace!
    Great idea to squeeze it with pliers to deform it enough to accept a 510 to 510 adaptor. This must be a typical Vamo issue. I too could not find much about stripped threads on a web search, except about Vamos (which I have never used!)

Anyways, nowadays if I buy anything with an aluminum or brass 510 connector, I put a 510 to 510 adaptor on it when I first buy it and leave it on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast