Vamo v2 won't laways fire!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vamo v2 won't laways fire!

Senior Member* ECF Veteran

Default Vamo v2 won't laways fire!

I have 3 vamo's and all V2's. I wrapped one with black mamba and of course it's the one that won't fire right away most times. Press the button and nothing for like 5 seconds. It works flawlessly sometimes intermittent other times?? I've never dropped it or anything? Any suggestions would be appreciated. It doesn't matter what is on it, protank, Victory, ce4 or 5.
    ANALOG FREE SINCE 5/21/2010!! EGO-T, LUX, BOX MOD , SMOK TECH TELE, GG CLONE, VMODXL, VMOD2, VAMO (3), MINI VIVI NOVA, EVOD, CRYSTALS, VISION ETERNITY,AGA-T, RSST, EMPIRE MOD.
    ITS NOT AGE BUT MILEAGE!!!!!!

Sorry should say ALWAYS!!
    ANALOG FREE SINCE 5/21/2010!! EGO-T, LUX, BOX MOD , SMOK TECH TELE, GG CLONE, VMODXL, VMOD2, VAMO (3), MINI VIVI NOVA, EVOD, CRYSTALS, VISION ETERNITY,AGA-T, RSST, EMPIRE MOD.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Sitting down, facing forward, but that's not important right now.
    Blog Entries

Just a guess, check to make sure the board is properly aligned with the buttons. You can peek in through the bottom, at the top of the battery compartment and very gently try rotating it into alignment if it's off. You didn't mention how the "up" and "down" buttons work which, if there's a problem there as well, would further indicate alignment problems. Net guess is a bad switch or bad solder joint on the switch.
    If it's not a Boerboel, it's just a dog.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have the same problem but only when I use a single 18350 or a single 18650. Stacked 18350's fires all the time, immediately. Single batteries fire sometimes, sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes not at all. Then repress and sometimes fires.

I have contact, menu system always works. Just will not get consistent fires. So far no help on this. I'm baffled. If anyone has a suggestion I'm willing to listen.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My V2 (before they upgraded to gold springs..have gold spring now..) is still working like a champ..
    Suggest cleaning the contacts inside the vamo and the spring and wiping off the batteries...

Full Member ECF Veteran

Just a thought, Are you using nipple top, or flat top batteries? If the center pin on the vamo is slightly off it may not be contacting the nipple top battery properly.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Flat tops. All of them. My stacked 18350's and my 18650.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I've seen this with one of my Vamos. I had to change the switch on the PWB. Luckily, I had a spare switch from a damaged Vamo that had a bad 510 connector so I just swapped the switch. Didn't swap the whole board because actually one of the small switches on the sacrificial board was intermittent too.

sfeltch, mine is just like yours, menu is fine all is well except the late fire. I am using button top efast in 350 mode. I'm running 2 v2's in 350 mode and 1 in 650 and they work great except 1 of the 350's. I will try some of the mentioned. Thanksall.
    Quote Originally Posted by sfeltch View Post
    I have the same problem but only when I use a single 18350 or a single 18650. Stacked 18350's fires all the time, immediately. Single batteries fire sometimes, sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes not at all. Then repress and sometimes fires.

I have contact, menu system always works. Just will not get consistent fires. So far no help on this. I'm baffled. If anyone has a suggestion I'm willing to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by awsum140 View Post
    Just a guess, check to make sure the board is properly aligned with the buttons. You can peek in through the bottom, at the top of the battery compartment and very gently try rotating it into alignment if it's off. You didn't mention how the "up" and "down" buttons work which, if there's a problem there as well, would further indicate alignment problems. Net guess is a bad switch or bad solder joint on the switch.
    awsum, All buttons and menu is fine. If I hold the switch for 5 to 10 seconds it will fire so its not a total fail just inconsistent fires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast