Cross-threaded my Vamo!! :(

Thread: Cross-threaded my Vamo!! :(

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Cross-threaded my Vamo!! :(

This morning, somehow, I cross-threaded my Vamo while screwing on my Protank. When I tried to remove the protank, the threaded part of the Protank's base broke off and remained in the Vamo's threads.

It's not the end of the world as I can afford a new V3. What I am wondering is how can I keep this from happening again?

I've been reading some threads and here are the suggestions I've come across:

1. lube the threads (sounds good to me!)

2. Use a 510/510 adaptor to protect the threads (some problems with the vamo not firing?)

3. Use an airflow regulator to protect the threads

4. Try to find a replacement top cap for the vamo (saw this in a uk post but have no idea where to find one)

At any rate, I'm relatively new (had my vamo for 2 months). What do all you wise folks suggest?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well since none of the wise folks answered I will try. I use the air flow adapter for my protanks. It's not the best machined device either but it works to save the vamo treads. The 510/510 adapters always unscrew and come off with the tank for me. I don't use them at all anymore. I mainly use Kanger T3 on my Vamos and since their ego threaded I screw them directly on.

ECF Veteran

Hrm, I ordered some ego-510 adapters which i need anyway. If they don't work I'll try the airflow regulators.

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by v1k1ng1001 View Post
    Hrm, I ordered some ego-510 adapters which i need anyway. If they don't work I'll try the airflow regulators.
    +1

I just ordered my vamp v3, hasnt arrived yet. I plan on always using an adapter as I've had a couple of egos strip the 510s on me and want to avoid this on my more expensive mod.

ECF Veteran

Actually, I pulled the pin up after watching a youtube video. Now I can fire a T3 mini (EGO threaded of course) that I just picked up. Maybe I'll cancel my order and just buy an adapter for my protank. Yay!