Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: How Long Has Your Vamo Lasted?

Senior Member Verified Member txgtr's Avatar

I've got 2 Vamos, one stays at home at my computer desk. The other is a backup to my MVP for when I'm out in places where it'll be used heavily. Mostly bars. Just about every weekend I'm playing with one of my bands in smoke filled bars. I leave a vamo, ready to use, in my gig bag in case my MVP's battery dies or craps out.

I got my first one about 6 weeks ago and not had a single problem.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

3 months. didn't use for last month and chip is flaking out.

never left the house. never dropped.

No Guru, No Method, No Teacher, No ego, No Chickens, No Socks, venturing into the slipstream...

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I don't have a Vamo, but wondered aren't they fixable? Can you send them off to be fixed somewhere or do you just toss them like a disposable mod? bnrk
    APV/MOD Safety- Never use non rechargeable batteries, they can explode! DO: Use protected or safer chemistry rechargeable batteries for your specific model. Rest batteries off charger before use. Do first 3-4 second button push AWAY FROM YOUR FACE. Safety first :)

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by bnrkwest View Post
    I don't have a Vamo, but wondered aren't they fixable? Can you send them off to be fixed somewhere or do you just toss them like a disposable mod? bnrk
    Don't know if it's worth it, got mine at 32$, no shipping ! ^.^

Vamo Shrink + IGO-L + Kanthal 30g + ~1.5 ohms + Cotton ball + CGR18650CH 2200mAh

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

The connector on mine is pretty much stripped. Light usage over maybe two months. It's now relegated to a stay-at-home ohm meter. Most likely will either take it apart and see if I can't fix it, or give it to my lady for a backup. It's cool and the gang, though, I have my SVD for home and a K-100 for the road, both superior products in my mind.

Full Member ECF Veteran Bill Oso's Avatar

Maybe I will leave my ugly little 510 to 510 connecter on after all (to prolong the life of the threading) but I really hate how it makes the device longer and the tank jut out. Undecided which to buy for a back up, Vamo V3 in stainless steel or Innokin SVD. I don't like the swirl pattern in the Vamo V3 but I like the screen/button configuration better than the SVD. Also read that the Vamo battery life is better for some reason and the SVD telescope wiggles even when fully tightened. Vamo has been good to me so far - 40 days, give or take, of constant use.

Super Member Verified Member TS12000's Avatar

Like the old adage goes

2 is 1, and 1 is none

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I bought my first Vamo V2 in April of this year, black chrome is still perfect, still vaping perfectly. Bought a 2nd Vamo V2 in May, this time in stainless, still vaping perfectly. I just ordered a V3. They mostly stay at home, I use a Vision Spinner for when I'm out of the house. I always have two or three juices going at once, so they all get about equal use.
    Vaping on: Reo Mini 2.1 and 4 Reo Grands.
    Vaping with: Reomizer 2 on all my Reos.
    Reonaut FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/238309729548613/
    Please support vaping @: http://casaa.org/

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Been using since march, My favorite device, had to replace the O ring, that has been it But I am buying another since I enjoy it so much

ECF Veteran

Mine lasted 6 months. It still works but has issues. I've heard stacked batteries can damage the electronics and I primarily used stacked batteries because I preferred the vape that way.
    I've only been in love with a beer bottle and a mirror.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast