Vamo v5 with v2 head replacement - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Vamo v5 with v2 head replacement

Thanks vicflo.
    $6.99 for a steel one isnīt that much cheaper, considered shipping expenses it might come cheaper to order a complete Vamo V2 from Fasttech or Vaporbreak.

But your idea of replacing one top cap with another got me to think ..... isnīt there some other mod, maybe a cheap mechanical one for which the top cap is available separately with the same diameter?

I.e. I own a Lambo 6.0 which has the precise same diameter as the Vamo, even the extension caps fit into the screws.
    It has a screwed top cap, and the cap isnīt available separate, but taking this as an example I assume there should be plenty of other mods with the same diameter and at least for some of them the top cap should be available.
    If only I knew which ones fit.

I have another thread going, asking if there are any V5 owners that also own an earlier version whether or not the 'sinking' center pin issue has been fixed or improved.
    Seems weird and a shame that such a well-known, seemingly common defect cannot be addressed adequately in new models, like an easily-replaceable or easily repairable part. This ain't exactly rocket science. (Of course, this is exactly the problem with having to be the low-cost / cheapest provider, or cheap & fast.)
    Last edited by TyPie; 11-07-2013 at 02:14 PM.
    DRUMROLL, please............................................

I donīt mind the problem, after all itīs a real cheap device, so I donīt expect it to be perfect.
    I donīt even mind a replacement top cap costing $7.
    What I do mind is the fact, this top cap is (as far as the first 10 pages of Google hits can tell) available in only 3 shops worldwide and all of these charge for shipping alone more than a new Vamo costs including shipping.

What we would need is a supplier with lower shipping costs, such as Fasttech stocking these replacement parts.

The side solution would be (as Iīm trying right now) finding some other mod where top caps are available for cheap and fit onto a Vamo.

Ultra Member Verified Member beckdg's Avatar
    Blog Entries

bookmarked. now all we need is a success story on an actual V3. genius using the battery tube, nonetheless. Thanks for posting this.

His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson.

Super Member ECF Veteran MattB101's Avatar

My switches keep wearing out. I now have 3 V2 and 1 V3 with intermittent switvhes. Any instructions on how to remove and replace the board. I would like to replace the switch on the V3 as I really like it. I think it's a big improvement over the earlier modeks.

Sent with my arthritic thumbs with proofreading help from the hound!

-----------------------------------------------
    It will be better in the end...
    so if it's not better, it's not the end yet!

If you manage to pop the top cap, all the parts are lose in there, very easy to replace.
    All parts are available separate, but due to FTīs low prices it will be cheaper getting a control head and use the parts you need.
    Found 4 vamo control at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

PV Master ECF Veteran WarHawk-AVG's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MattB101 View Post
    My switches keep wearing out. I now have 3 V2 and 1 V3 with intermittent switvhes. Any instructions on how to remove and replace the board. I would like to replace the switch on the V3 as I really like it. I think it's a big improvement over the earlier modeks.

It's more than likely the push button...those should be pretty easy to locate once you get it apart and find a part number for the click button, then unsolder and re-solder the new one...no need to replace ALL of it for one single component

clphoton likes this.

"An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it"
    "A vaper without a multi-meter, is like a Mechanic without a wrench"

Super Member ECF Veteran MattB101's Avatar

That was my intention but at 2 in the morning I just didn't feel like typing that much. on my cell phone no less.

-----------------------------------------------
    It will be better in the end...
    so if it's not better, it's not the end yet!

Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Performed this head replacement on my Vamo V3 recently, worked like a champ. The V3 head I got had super loose threads, and the rubber insulator for the positive post would squish out with my tanks screwed all the way in, and completely cut off air flow. Replaced it with my preferred V2 head and it works awesome. Got the replacement heads from Vamo Body Parts

Slightly mad but harmless Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by beckdg View Post
    bookmarked. now all we need is a success story on an actual V3. genius using the battery tube, nonetheless. Thanks for posting this.
    Not a genius, but:

Vamo v5 with v2 head replacement-v3_v2_cap.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by specter9mm View Post
    Performed this head replacement on my Vamo V3 recently, worked like a champ. The V3 head I got had super loose threads, and the rubber insulator for the positive post would squish out with my tanks screwed all the way in, and completely cut off air flow. Replaced it with my preferred V2 head and it works awesome. Got the replacement heads from Vamo Body Parts
    My experience with that vendor was excellent. I purchased one of those top caps and it was on backorder (and was clearly stated on the website). Within a few hours I received an email from the vendor, making sure I understood that the part was on backorder, and giving me a proposed shipping date. When that changed a few days later due to issues with the manufacturer, I received another email.

I like that kind of service.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast