Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Vamo v5 with v2 head replacement

Not Batman Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by vicflo View Post
    Got tired of my tanks popping off my v5 vamo. Ordered 3 of the v2 replacement heads about a month ago or so for $12 shipped. I figured the removable ring looked cool but didnt really serve me any funtional purpose, plus it kind of makes it look more "phallic". I was going to do a video but was too lazy to set everything up sp ill just do steps. This is how i did it.
    I just wanted to give a huge THANK YOU to vicflow for posting this. I stripped out the 510 connection of my v5 Vamo within the first 2 months. I ended up buying an ego to 510 adapter that allowed me to still use it, but it was horribly ungainly and top heavy.

After seeing this post i decided to give it a try and ordered a v2 Vamo replacement head from ecigaretteimpressions.com (they were friggin awesomely fast btw) for $10 shipped. Like your post I liked the flat top of v2 rather than the tapered of the v5.

I received the part in 2 days (damn fast), but I didn't have time to try it until today. The hardest part for me was the soldering since I literally haven't soldered anything in like 15 years, but I was able to get the wires to stick without resorting to superglue. LOL Put it back together and I now have a working Vamo with a flush mountable head. WOOHOO!

Vamo v5 with v2 head replacement-2014-03-02-15.30.34.jpg
    Last edited by Kentastic; 03-02-2014 at 11:02 PM. Reason: picture
    donesmokin and Mowgli like this.

Reos & Woodvils both big & small. Vaping Nicoticket juice almost exclusively.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kentastic View Post
    ... and I now have a working Vamo with a flush mountable head. WOOHOO!
    Does this mean that the V2 head you got has a removable flat sided beauty ring? Or did you give up the ease of cleaning and ability to use 'oversized' eGo threaded toppers?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Super Member Verified Member JohnnyDill's Avatar

I bought a new V2 because I dislike the way the V5 looks. The V2 I got from FastTech a month or so ago has great 510 threads, and functions flawlessly. I wonder if I just got lucky.............
    K_Tech likes this.
    Forever grateful for Halo, TFA, Hangsen, Flavour Art, Inawera and all the helpful people of ECF. Thank you.

Slightly mad but harmless Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Possibly. As with a lot of the items they carry, they buy from several vendors. Could be you got a Vamo from one of the good vendors on a good day!
    JohnnyDill likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234