Got tired of my tanks popping off my v5 vamo. Ordered 3 of the v2 replacement heads about a month ago or so for $12 shipped. I figured the removable ring looked cool but didnt really serve me any funtional purpose, plus it kind of makes it look more "phallic". I was going to do a video but was too lazy to set everything up sp ill just do steps. This is how i did it.
1. Remove the top ring and pull off the press fit top portion of the battery tube. The battery tube portion should be fairly easy to pull out.
2. Attach the threaded bottom portion of the battery tube to where the top beauty ring goes.
3. At this point all you are doing is basically wiggling the head off, made easier by having a grip on both sides taking care not to damage the screen and/or buttons. As soon as you can get a tiny gap just keep shifting up the side opposite the side of the largest gap. Keep in mind that the head has short wires soldered to the board inside so make sure you are more gentle if you feel it is about to pop off. you will end up with these pieces:
4. This is the self explanatory soldering part. White wire goes to middle post and black goes to the outer well. The heads I got all had a dab of solder already on it to make it easier I guess. Connecting the battery tube extension back to the head while you are "desoldering" will help dissapate the heat and add some weight so that the leads just come right off.
5. Thats basically it. With just the head and the main vamo body I set it flat on a solid metal surface (35lb dumbell in my case), then used a scrap piece of 2x4 to tap the new head down into place. I was hitting the edge in one spot as i rotated it to make sure I was making it even.