Vamo V5 secret feature. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Vamo V5 secret feature.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyD View Post
    Did anyone measure the mobile-out voltage yet and/or see if its pure dc in this mode? Kinda interested in the Saber flashlight heads but I bet it flickers on 33.3hz pwm. If its pure 3.7vdc or otherwise regulated dc I'll order the 3.7v one. Still using V2/V3 vamos here but my V5 should be here monday, I can test with the fluke scopemeter if no one else has by then.
    That'd be great
    User Friendly, Vaping Dope Star Obscene!

Senior Member ECF Veteran MarkyD's Avatar

Checked out the V5 output on the scopemeter, mobile-out is 6.05v pwm. So much for my dc idea, but it's still useful. I used a 510->test-probe adapter, but the vamo was picky about not wanting to see low load impedances, maybe output current is more limited in this mode. Even the scope probe impedance was low enough to make it shut off the mobile-out and revert back to vaping mode.
    Sad Society and zoiDman like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyD View Post
    Checked out the V5 output on the scopemeter, mobile-out is 6.05v pwm. So much for my dc idea, but it's still useful. I used a 510->test-probe adapter, but the vamo was picky about not wanting to see low load impedances, maybe output current is more limited in this mode. Even the scope probe impedance was low enough to make it shut off the mobile-out and revert back to vaping mode.
    The V5 does supply >6V to the pin in the mobile out mode but the charging adapter cuts it back to 5V.

If you check the V5 output with a probe and make any contact with ground, the display says "Short" and immediately kicks the Vamo back into vaping mode

The V5 does supply >6V to the pin in the mobile out mode but the charging adapter cuts it back to 5V.
    True, but the question was whether it would work with the Saber flashlight heads without flicker. The heads were designed to work with Saber's mech mods which are pure dc, not pwm. Think Ill save the $18 and buy some nic instead.

If you check the V5 output with a probe and make any contact with ground, the display says "Short" and immediately kicks the Vamo back into vaping mode
    Not much chance of that since I used a 510 probe adapter. The vamo didnt like the low input impedance of the test instrument, and I had no problem watching the pwm waveform in normal vaping mode.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I don't think I have any desire to use a Vamo as a flashlight but it works very well as an emergency power source for my phone.

Yeah, all my vamo's work pretty well for vaping, and phones are annoying.
    TomCatt and JohnnyDill like this.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Cheers for this

I was having issues with center pin issues and a air flow controller. Vamo couldn't pick up the tank and I got that mobile message and a battery display. Was most confused!

Blog Entries

I think it's neat that you could theoretically use a VAMO as a flashlight, or perhaps even an emergency charger. That said, I'll just buy a flashlight rather than take the risk of shorting out my vape stick. If nothing else, I wish they would have incorporated the battery icon on the main display. Easier to read than a number...
    Joyetech Evic Supreme (black) with Kangertech Aero Maxx and Aspire Nautilus tanks, using Sony VTC 4 and 5 batteries.

IAMJACK'SSMIRKINGREVENGE Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I remember reading bad things about RainbowHeaven when I first researched vaping.
    Didn't they make junk ego batteries or something a couple of years ago?

EDIT - I just did a quick search and found posts from late 2012 saying that Rainbow Heaven is the original Vamo manufacturer. Never mind.
    Last edited by Mowgli; 02-23-2014 at 10:09 PM.

IAMJACK'SSMIRKINGREVENGE Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Society View Post
    I wonder if this would work with the MOBILE OUT ON. Saber Flashlight
    bump...................
    JohnnyDill likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast