What about an eGo/510 to eGo/510 adapter?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
This is not from personal experience, just from watching these threads on how to take care of your vamo so that he lives to a ripe old age.
It is the 510 threads on the Vamo that are more likely to go wonky. You want something to protect those 510 threads, or use 510 devices on your Vamo after the 510 threads go. What you want is an adaptor that attaches to the Vamo using the eGo threads, and then attaches devices using either 510 or eGo threads. This would be it: EGO to EGO 510 Atomizer Adapter  : L Js E-Smokes, Electronic Cigarettes However, this is theory only, as I have not yet felt it necessary to get one.
I am a dollar-a-day vaper.
Ya know, the Vamo got a bad name because of the threads but a quick fix with those adapters it seems like a great PV in that price range.
It's a shame tho, they've had plenty of time to upgrade to steel threads. Cheap eGo's have better I think.
...................... . .........................
My V1 is over a year old and the 510 threads are still fine. The threads on the SS V5 I got not long ago were junk out of the box and are almost toast already. Same problem with an eGo twist. Not pointing any fingers but they both came from Fasttech. Oops, did I type that out loud?
Quick 3rd and last UPDATE
Still holding up working great.
This is a brilliant thread!
I was just about 'destroying' my Vamo V2 because the thread is terribly worn out.
It's so worn out that I can slide a 510 RBA straightly into the connection with zero force.
In light of the OP and the replies, I came to something slightly different but effective and non-destructive:
- Use the thick metal foil/plate that is used to solder 18650 batteries.
Cut a fairly long piece, about 5cm.
- Then for the first .5cm length, I trim it a bit, so the width is only 2mm. So the dimension of this part is 0.5cm x 2mm
- For the remaining 4.5cm length, make the width about .5cm or so (doesn't matter, it's only my choice here).
The dimension of this part is about 4.5cm x 0.5cm
- Now, put the first .5cm length into the 510 thread.
Wrap the remaining to the body. Use a Vamo wrapper (sticker plastics) to cover it. Tape is also fine, if you don't care abt the appearance.
That .5cm of the metal foil in the 510 connection, is thick enough and strong enough to make up the lost thread.
- I screw an old RBA to into the 510 connection a bit, to 'thread' the new 'foil'.
Then the 'new' 510 connection works like new!
I am confident this will last at least months of every day's use.
This method doesn't need to drill hole.
The critical part here is the metal foil/plate I use. It's a bit soft, thick, yet strong enough. Probably brass foil of the right thickness will also do.
any one knows a trick how to instal the connection area on a vamo v2, i have been trying but i can't do it and i dont want to use a hammer for it
I tried everything the top was put on really snug fitted I FINALLY put it into my wooden vice wrapped a towel around it as much as I could and was careful not to put pressure on the buttons and still had to bang the hell out of it final used a screw drive kept tapping by the head working around and it and finally it came off scratch the hell out of the old top which I guess you would throw out any way. When putting the new top on wrap it good and tap it in with piece of wood or mallet if you have one. Other than that I used a tweezers to put the buttons back in that fell out on me only because I removed everything which you don't have to do only the head where the wire is and re-solder the wires. I suggest you get some duck tape and very first thing tape those damm button with it so they don't slip out on you.
If I didn't bang it out with a hammer and screw driver I wouldn't have been able to remove it. No damage was done to the body and it still working.
Like I said even if you scratch the old head your throwing it out right.
If there's a trick for this I'll like to here about it also.
thank you mighty,