Tempory Thread Fix Vamo
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Tempory Thread Fix Vamo

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Tempory Thread Fix Vamo

Fix of last resort.

This is what I did on my Vamo V2 - age going on 16 months.

No camera for pictures.

I drilled a small hole through the wall of 510 connecter from inside out just above pin not close enough to damage O-RING took a small wire I USED A ONE OF THOSE TWIST TIE PACKS YOU GET WITH A LOAF OF BREAD clean the plastic off and THREAD THROUGH THE HOLE TWIST ENDS TOGETTHER CUT AND TUCK ANY EXTRA WIRE IN THE WELL.

All my tanks are nice and tight; if I have to replace the wire it will take two min. going on 24 hours holding up.

1st UPDATE

The wire broke after 34 hours of heavy use. Just finished re-wiring with a little stronger and stiffer wire. For now this is a temp fix

Still no slack in 510 connect when screwing in the tank.

I'm very happy to get another 34 hours out of my Vamo for now.

Any suggests?
    netwreck94 likes this.

A Kiwi in the U.S.A. Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Gunner83 and mightymen like this.
    Cana 30w, Vamos V1/V5, MPV2, K K Evercools (x3), SmokTek VariCool, VMax, 5V box & PT, eGo twist types, LT(retired), Magma RDA clone, Kayfun Lite & Russian 91% clones, Nautilus mini and full w/BVC, carto tanks

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Just can't see paying $6.49 + shipping rather add $20.00 towards Vamo v5 from fasttech the fix will get me through if not even longer until it comes.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

well, i heard about using foil. seems you already have your temp fix until your next one comes though!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keynith View Post
    well, i heard about using foil. seems you already have your temp fix until your next one comes though!
    Problem with the foil it shredded and left little pieces of foil ever so often at the 510 connector and had to be cleaned out.

This is the fix of last resorts when nothing else works and I can keep it going until a replacement comes or longer.

Either way you can see how long I kept my Vamo up and running it was for months.

Only now I'm going to ordering another Vamo from fasttech; but not going to throw this sweet heart out she's going to be around for a long time as a spare device.

It's about sharing what we know and learn with others.
    Last edited by mightymen; 01-28-2014 at 08:05 PM.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mightymen View Post
    Just can't see paying $6.49 + shipping rather add $20.00 towards Vamo v5 from fasttech the fix will get me through if not even longer until it comes.
    I could see someone here making some money replacing the top caps. Do enough of them, and you could work it down to a twenty-minute operation. I would use such a service if my threads ever failed, better than waiting on China post..
    Last edited by 0mg Meniere; 01-28-2014 at 06:29 PM.
    ...taking deep, direct lung hits off a mega vapor producing mod is like sniffing the flower so hard that you actually snort it right up your nose. (from poster cxm322)

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Especially since most of it is shut down for their new year..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Somebody on the other thread said
    onjre said:
    Took all of maybe 10 minutes and half that time was spent trying to juggle everything while soldering the wires where they belong.
    Last edited by 0mg Meniere; 01-29-2014 at 05:23 PM.
    ...taking deep, direct lung hits off a mega vapor producing mod is like sniffing the flower so hard that you actually snort it right up your nose. (from poster cxm322)

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mightymen View Post
    Fix of last resort.

1st UPDATE

The wire broke after 34 hours of heavy use. Just finished re-wiring with a little stronger and stiffer wire. For now this is a temp fix

Still no slack in 510 connect when screwing in the tank.

I'm very happy to get another 34 hours out of my Vamo for now.

Any suggests?
    Quick 2nd UPDATE
    Since replacing the wire with a little stronger and stiffer wire I'm in the sixth day with my Vamo and no problems.

A Kiwi in the U.S.A. Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If you're not worried about looks solder a sealed 510/510 adapter in. That's what I did with a VV box mod I trashed the threads on. It's held up great for a couple years.
    mightymen likes this.
    Cana 30w, Vamos V1/V5, MPV2, K K Evercools (x3), SmokTek VariCool, VMax, 5V box & PT, eGo twist types, LT(retired), Magma RDA clone, Kayfun Lite & Russian 91% clones, Nautilus mini and full w/BVC, carto tanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast