New V5 owner, I have a few questions... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: New V5 owner, I have a few questions...

  1. #11
    Super Member Verified Member Keeferes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Belton; Upstate SC
    Posts
    793
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Top ring should be removable on a v5. That too is odd. Can you guys post some pics of these things?

  2. #12
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    US
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Just got a V5 today, and mine also shows a battery icon and what you guys are saying is a puff counter when I hit the fire-button with it set to show the power. Also, it does not have the RMS/AVG option. It is apparently RMS only, which is fine by me, as I never used my old Vamo in AVG mode.

    One other difference from every V5 that I've seen in all of the review videos, is that when you turn it on/off, it says "Hello" before the "System: On/Off" scrolls. I purchased this off eBay from a vape vendor out of Florida. I can look up the name, if it matters. But it came in the same box and had the same paperwork as all of the videos Ive seen on the V5.

    As for the battery icon, I'm not sure if it will actually show the icon decrease as the battery charge decreases or not. All of my batteries are full at the moment.

    Also, the top cap does come off on mine, just like every other V5 I've seen, so I can't comment on the one poster who said his does not.


    Here are some pics: (Sorry for the quality. The battery is almost dead on my phone so the flash won't work.)












    In voltage mode:







    In wattage mode:


    bsoplinger, SonHouse and keonee like this.


  3. #13
    Super Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Russell Springs, Kentucky
    Posts
    566

    Default

    That is a lot different than the one I bought from SmokTek on Jan. 22nd. You might try holding down the + button past the ohm reading and see if it goes in to continuous mode. Don't put on anything when you do it as it fires continuously while in this mode. I guess it is for charging say a cell phone off of it. At any rate to stop turn it off then turn it back on. Last but not least is the screen looks like the LED display and not the OLED that they have now.
    Gunner83 and keonee like this.

  4. #14
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    bsoplinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Capitol District New York
    Posts
    3,096

    Default

    That's a match with mine, also gotten from eBay but from a seller in Brooklyn (although it was shipped from Northern NJ). The battery icon does change as the charge drops. It does not do either the continuous mode off the + button nor the avg/rms off the - button. Perhaps this is actually a V2 but with a top cap like the V5?

    I'll have to look at that long half hour review video to see if he ever shows the display because I'd describe mine as traditional LED not OLED if that's what V5s actually have.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    Gunner83 likes this.

  5. #15
    Super Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Russell Springs, Kentucky
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Here check this out and this is where I got mine VAMO V5 Variable Power (adjustable wattage), Variable Voltage APV - Stainless. It covers all the options except the continuous mode

  6. #16
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    bsoplinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Capitol District New York
    Posts
    3,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joecil View Post
    The ones from FastTech are $32 and I just didn't want to wait for Chinese New Year to end and then another 2 weeks to get here. So I spent $42 on eBay. I'm not will to pay almost double from SmokTek, not to be confused with SmokTech (although I think they're using just Smok now).

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

  7. #17
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    US
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joecil View Post
    That is a lot different than the one I bought from SmokTek on Jan. 22nd. You might try holding down the + button past the ohm reading and see if it goes in to continuous mode. Don't put on anything when you do it as it fires continuously while in this mode. I guess it is for charging say a cell phone off of it. At any rate to stop turn it off then turn it back on. Last but not least is the screen looks like the LED display and not the OLED that they have now.
    I don't have the continuous mode. I tried holding both buttons down to get to the RMS/AVG option, before I figured out that mine doesn't have it.

    As for the screen, I'm not sure if the pics are very indicative, since they're pretty crappy. But in person, it looks like all the screens in the V5 videos I've seen so far. I tried Googling, but couldn't find what a LED screen looks like on these things, so I could compare.


  8. #18
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    US
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsoplinger View Post
    That's a match with mine, also gotten from eBay but from a seller in Brooklyn (although it was shipped from Northern NJ). The battery icon does change as the charge drops. It does not do either the continuous mode off the + button nor the avg/rms off the - button. Perhaps this is actually a V2 but with a top cap like the V5?
    I don't think that's the case. I just looked up videos of the V2, and it has the same LCD screen as my old Vamo. Like this:



    bsoplinger likes this.


  9. #19
    Super Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Russell Springs, Kentucky
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsoplinger View Post
    The ones from FastTech are $32 and I just didn't want to wait for Chinese New Year to end and then another 2 weeks to get here. So I spent $42 on eBay. I'm not will to pay almost double from SmokTek, not to be confused with SmokTech (although I think they're using just Smok now).

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    I can understand wanting to save money. I didn't buy a Provari and for that money got both the VAMO V5 and a Limbo 6 as a second. However you have to be sure you get what you pay for also. In your case I'm thinking you didn't get a Vamo 5 but an earlier version. I purchased a IGO-W from ebay saying it was the current version and it turns out it is the one with the small single hole instead of the double air hole. It cost me as much to buy the newer top piece with the 2 holes.

    Now as for what you got since it doesn't have the option for putting it into mode 1 or 2 it isn't a V2. I would look at the v3 perhaps since I think the v4 had a swirl pattern cut into the body. Also you cap around the connection is straight sided while the V5 has an angled edge.
    Last edited by joecil; 02-07-2014 at 11:42 AM.

  10. #20
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    US
    Posts
    342

    Default

    In any case, I'm still happy with it. It performs just like my old Vamo; like a champ.

    I'm just curious if it's a clone of a clone of a clone.


    Mine was $39 shipped from eBay, so I can't complain, I guess.


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks