New V5 owner, I have a few questions...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: New V5 owner, I have a few questions...

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default New V5 owner, I have a few questions...

I just bought a V5 this past week and I have a few questions about it. I got what's marked on the box as stainless steel but its rather shiny. I thought that the finish on the Stainless version was more of a brushed finish. Did I get a chrome version instead?

I watched the long video about the Vamo on YouTube. I can't seem to get the magic menu for switching between average and RMS to appear, no matter how long I press the left (-) button. But when I fire it the display shows "RMS 2.1A" on the top and a picture of a battery and "120" (which increases, so I'm assuming that's a puff count) on the bottom. Does this mean I've got the Vamo in the correct mode?

Can it be used with 18500 batteries or just 18350 in the short configuration? I ask because I have some 18500 batteries but no 18350. For those who've used the smaller batteries, do you think the size and weight reduction is worthwhile enough that I should consider getting a pair of 18350 batteries or just stick with the 18650 size?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You have a puff count? I've never heard of that on vamos. You want to be in rms mode anyways. Seems to me like you have a model with different software.

You wanna use 18350 or 18650 batteries.

Where did you get your vamo from?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Super Member Verified Member Keeferes's Avatar
    Blog Entries

None of the things you're seeing I have seen on my Vamo V5. I have used it in both 18350 & 18650. I can't really tell a "big" difference in the weight myself. The overall length, of course is much shorter. Brings it down to about the same height, with a topper, as my Kanger EVOD 900maH. The Vamo is still a pinch taller, but only about a standard drip tip.

New V5 owner, I have a few questions...-1544560_10151896469163201_490691985_n.jpg New V5 owner, I have a few questions...-1554441_10151891405468201_1817168460_n.jpg

Ultra Member ECF Veteran 0mg Meniere's Avatar

I just got '350 batteries. It is significantly lighter to me, but the way I hold it with '650 batteries is more comfortable. Then there is the inconvenience of switching batteries......
    I am a dollar-a-day vaper and a Vamo lover. I recoil clearo heads and mix my own juice.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Keynith View Post
    You have a puff count? I've never heard of that on vamos. You want to be in rms mode anyways. Seems to me like you have a model with different software.
    What do you folks see on the display when you fire?

Blog Entries

I have mine set to my out put. Either shows watts or voltage depending on my mode. It can be set to resistance, battery level, or watts/volts.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Keeferes View Post
    I have mine set to my out put. Either shows watts or voltage depending on my mode. It can be set to resistance, battery level, or watts/volts.
    Mine shows (when set to watts) "RMS 1.8A/197" when set to display current, "OUT 5.5W/198" for power, and "1.6 (ohm symbol)/199" for resistance with a partly filled battery icon next to the puff counter in every case. Did I get a clone of a clone here?

Blog Entries

First I've ever heard of that type of display on a vamo. Atdmidatly, I only have hands on experience with the V5, but your description sounds more like an mvp type of display. Still slightly different based on what I have read about those too though.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I just got a stainless v5 and mine doesn't have the rms/means option either when holding down the button. My display also has a battery indicator with a puff count. Also the top ring does not come off.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Interesting, a lot of the vendors over there build them themselves so finishes, etc. can vary. I have a half dozen v5's. None of them show a puff counter.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast