Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Battery section of Vamo V5 coming loose

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Default Battery section of Vamo V5 coming loose

Hi

So. I dropped my Vamo twice yesterday, developing arthritis in my left (vaping hand) and I'm dropping a ton of stuff of late.

I noticed the battery "section" of the vamo has slipped, parted, slightly from the base of the unit. It's the first ring section south of the fire button.

It's only a couple of millimeters down, but I can't seem to get it flush to the unit. It wont twist in (my hands can't grip it enough to be honest). It's where the top of the battery meets the base of the Vamo inside, so guessing if it slips much more it won't make a connection.

Has anyone had this issue and can you recommend a fix? I've got a backup ego twist in case of full failure, but it's worrying.

Last night, I placed the Vamo on the desk too hard and it switched off - not sure if this is related but I'm guessing so. Should I be placing a backup order for a new Vamo?

Cheers in advance for any input, all welcome.

Shaun

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've dropped my vamo v2 a few times..
    What I did was, take the battery cap and '650 tube and the topper off and then placed it on a cutting board...
    Then I put a towel on the top 510 connection and pressed down with my body weight "carefully"...
    And it snapped back together ..
    Hope this helps.
    The Ministry likes this.

Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Worked a treat! Need to use a thicker towel next time. Got me a circular tattoo on my hands ha-ha!

Worked though, great stuff thanks

i had the same issue with my V4 and now my V3 is starting to come apart. i suggest gorrilla glue. also maybe getting a wrap for it. i was sad to fine that my V3 had press fit parts on it but glad that its held up longer than my V4 did. my vamo lives in my pockets during the day so its sat on bumped into walls and all over gets the daylights beat out of it.

Oh man I hate to hear that, same thing happened to my V2 chromed brass. They fixed that on the SS V3 I have which uses a threaded barrel instead of a press fit. When I got the V5 in SS I had no idea they went backwards to a press fit barrel.
    The Ministry likes this.

I bought 4 v2 vamo's and they all came apart during their use. Superglue, gorilla glue, duct tape... I tried em all, best solution was to take a pair of needle nose pliers and bend the metal slightly where the pieces joined together, then I'd tap the pieces back together. Basically I found nothing that will hold them together after a good fall or two. I wrapped one totally in duct tape, and cut out holes for the buttons/screen. Even after some abuse, the two pieces would work their way apart and the battery wouldn't make contact. Even though this was terribly annoying, the reason I strayed away from the vamo's was I wore the buttons out on all 4. They all still work but no clickyness in the +/- buttons, which leads to them switching to N01 mode when I'm not paying attention...

*** Edit: I re-read my post and realize the word tap looks a lot like tape, but I really mean tap as in with a hammer.
    Last edited by CW1982; 02-21-2014 at 03:03 AM. Reason: I wanna
    350ZMO and The Ministry like this.

Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Cheers folks - least I know I'm not the only one having/had this issue. I was weary of tapping it with a hammer in case I broke it - not sure if it would appreciate my elephants touch (im not generally considered to be "light of touch" when it comes to tools ha-ha)

I'm waiting for it to die now, the fire button has started acting up and it's randomly switching off. Still, the cost was low, it's given me two months of use, and it's been great. I may look elsewhere for my next MOD, but I do like the Vamo.

Just wish I didn't drop it now...but I figure there's not a lot I can do about that either :/

Wrap sounds interesting though, and glue, might check that out first, got to be cheaper than buying another MOD!

A Kiwi in the U.S.A. Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I had to stretch the spring quite a bit on mine to get it to stop shutting off all the time.
    Cana 30w, Vamos V1/V5, MPV2, K K Evercools (x3), SmokTek VariCool, VMax, 5V box & PT, eGo twist types, LT(retired), Magma RDA clone, Kayfun Lite & Russian 91% clones, Nautilus mini and full w/BVC, carto tanks

the V3 first battery tube is removable but the threads that hold it to the control unit seem to be pressed in. i am planning on buying some replacement parts for my V4 to make it more like my V3. also thinking about small screws or rivets to keep the battery tube from coming off. i am not afraid of the ole macyver methods of fixing things. heck i have to make a trip to the hardware store to find an o-ring for my drip tip on my PT3 cause it isnt sealing right and making it vape extremely lame.

On my V2 I have thought about steel wooling the tube connection area to get the chrome off the brass and soldering it. If my SS V5 ever falls apart I might think about micro rivets or a 2mm tap and drill set and screws.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast