Thread: V5 Buttons Won't Click

Full Member Verified Member ProfBrad12's Avatar

Default V5 Buttons Won't Click

I've hunted high and low, and only found one video discussing this process on a V2, so I'll post this here. My Vamo V5's + button suddenly won't click, and is basically acting as a touch-sensitive control now, making it very difficult to keep in a pocket.

Does anyone know how to fix this without damaging the unit? I've attached pictures to help illustrate what's going on.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys and gals can provide.

V5 Buttons Won't Click-wp_20140221_14_47_59_pro.jpgV5 Buttons Won't Click-wp_20140221_14_47_29_pro.jpg

Super Member Verified Member Keeferes's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Turn the unit off when you put it in a pocket is my only suggestion. My down button looks like that after almost 2 months.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

A Kiwi in the U.S.A. Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

From what I understand the board can shift getting crooked inside the tube. On the V5 people are using the battery extension tube in place of the top ring for grip, not that I've had any luck so far. Mine's on there pretty tight and with just a 510 thread problem I haven't tried very hard. Once inside things should be pretty much the same as this:

Vamo first impression and disassembly how to - YouTube
    Vamos V1/V5, MPV2, VMax, K K Evercools (x3), SmokTek VariCool, 5V box & PT, LT(retired), carto tanks, Kayfun Lite & Russian 91% clones

Thanks all. Think I might have to roll the dice and twist the board a little to get those buttons clicking again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ProfBrad12 View Post
    Thanks all. Think I might have to roll the dice and twist the board a little to get those buttons clicking again.
    Any luck twisting the board to get it back in place?

I've been able to twist it to the point where it moves the button back in place, but immediately feel resistance (hot glue, solder, not sure...) When I release the pressure, it "snaps" back to its broken position, but still works fine.

I'm hesitant to twist further for fear of breaking it.

This is my second Vamo, and both have failed to a certain extent, without ever once being dropped or mishandled. Very disappointing.

Blog Entries

Mines same thing. I haven't taken it apart, but I'm saving for a zmaxx so I'll just put this one up as a backup.

A Kiwi in the U.S.A. Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ProfBrad12 View Post
    I've been able to twist it to the point where it moves the button back in place, but immediately feel resistance (hot glue, solder, not sure...) When I release the pressure, it "snaps" back to its broken position, but still works fine.

I'm hesitant to twist further for fear of breaking it.

This is my second Vamo, and both have failed to a certain extent, without ever once being dropped or mishandled. Very disappointing.
    The Vamo isn't the highest quality mod but having paid less than $40 each for mine I knew that going in. Guess that's why I've got lots of back ups. One of these days I might spring for a high end PV. Something with a DNA chip!
    Vamos V1/V5, MPV2, VMax, K K Evercools (x3), SmokTek VariCool, 5V box & PT, LT(retired), carto tanks, Kayfun Lite & Russian 91% clones

I decided to get an Innokin MVP 2.0 today, and despite its quirks, I think this is a much better option than going for a third Vamo. I'm waiting for a replacement decision from Fasttech, so best case, I'll have two working mods. Worst case, I'm out a few bucks and have a new toy.

Thanks for all your help, everyone...