Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Bad Threads - What did I buy?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Pssst... Got a drill? And a piece of scrap lumber?

I own 2-v2s (al, ss), and a v3, v5. Wife has 3-v2s (al, brass, ss), and a v3. The oldest being 8mo old. I have ordered for at least a dozen (probably more but...) v2s for family and gifts at christmas. I have seen 2 with bad threads (1-2v, 1-v3) both had bad threads straight out of the box. I check all of the ones I order first thing due to all of the reports of thread issues. In only one case of all of the vamos there has only been one other report of a thread issue. My daughter's BF claiming to have his second stripped vamo. He and I both agreed upon receipt of the vamo that the threads were good. He also can't keep a glass tank more than a week. so, I suspect this failure may be his fault.
    In all of the instances Fasttech replaced the bad item and paid for shipping them back.
    350ZMO likes this.

Super Member Verified Member Keeferes's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have two months on a ss v5. My 510 and ego threads are fine. My 18650 battery tube threads are fine. My battery cap is jacked after a fall about a foot high onto a concrete porch. It hit dead flat on the bottom. Now they are very hard to use case something not visible bent or tweaked. Not a big problem though, cause I just unscrew the tube instead of the cap. My buttons o the other hand are rapidly degrading. The down and the power button sit almost flush with the housing. This is from normal use and not the fall. It's my backup PV now, so doesn't bother me much. Besides, for less then $50 I wasn't expecting a Kevlar reinforced super PV. I will say though, I am quickly learning, in the vape game, you definitely get what you pay for more often then not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Full Member Verified Member KineticMind's Avatar

I was tempted to buy the 510 to eGo adapter from FT when I ordered my V3, but have actually just been using the beauty ring for my Protank 2 as a buffer between my Vamo and the tanks I use. I don't tighten the beauty ring down all the way, which prevents me from cranking down a tank too far... and it gives it a nicer look, too, without the slight gap between the V3 and the tank.

As to the original question, I've read that the chromed finishes tend to have more fragile threads, but don't know how accurate that is. Mine is the SS version, also ordered from FT, and it seems to be built pretty solidly.

PV Master* Verified Member Bunnykiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have 2 Vamo 3's... the top portion of them are chrome plated brass. If you tighten the topper too tight, the brass threads will eventually "roll" ending up with a loose fit. Just tighten the topper untill it is snug but not too tight, the threads should last a while... avoid dropping the vamos tho... the PC board doesnt like impacts
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

PV Master* Verified Member Bunnykiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rickajho View Post
    you mean like this??
    Bad Threads - What did I buy?-dscf0021.jpg
    JohnnyDill likes this.
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rickajho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnykiller View Post
    you mean like this??
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0021.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	311948
    I'll admit I know next to nothing about drilling into wood, but without something for the threads to screw into, wouldn't the atomizer just sit in the hole? That wouldn't really help with removing the top cap. Or am I missing something?

Avid micro coil enthusiast. #adultslikeflavors

Super Member Verified Member JohnnyDill's Avatar

Maybe it's hit and miss. I have had my V2 for about 6 weeks and it has excellent threading.......
    Forever grateful for Halo, TFA, Hangsen, Flavour Art, Inawera and all the helpful people of ECF. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12