• 1 Post By cuseguy
  • 1 Post By cuseguy
  • 1 Post By cuseguy
  • 1 Post By cuseguy
  • 1 Post By cuseguy

Thread: The Fission RDA Insert

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran cuseguy's Avatar

Default The Fission RDA Insert

It's just about here!.....Use any Vaperfexion 22mm Tank Model as an RBA Tank. Best of all, it uses your current regular size tube and it won't break the bank.
    Last edited by cuseguy; 01-29-2014 at 05:28 PM.
    vaptamist likes this.

The VEXGEN 22mm RBA Beta Insert in it's current and pretty much final form. Excuse the dings, this is a very used VEXGEN!
    20140223_193514.jpg

Shown inside a standard 22mm Cartomator VX with standard Fused Quartz Regular Size tube. The only remaining work needing to be completed is the drip-tip adapter, which tended to be a PIA during the beta test. Remember that most of our tank models rely on the carto to hold the drip-tip. With no carto in the top-cap, a flange insert is needed for the top-cap to hold the drip-tip. We are reconfiguring that piece and that should pretty much be the ballgame. My guess is that it will now release sometime between March 14th and 21st.
    So the VEXGEN will include the RBA body, the Stainless Spacer/Air Ring and the Drip-tip Flange. It will fit all Vaperfexion 22mm tanks and should come in around $75. There will be some different materials and designs available for the Air Ring, but the base model will be plain T316 Stainless like in the picture. There will also be a Limited Edition Titanium Model, which will include a Cartomator VXti 22mm Tank and a Titanium VEXGEN and Air Ring. That should be in mid to late April.

Over the next 2 weeks I'll be opening it up and letting everyone see the insides. But for now, this is it!
    Last edited by cuseguy; 02-23-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Well we have gotten side tracked with our final phase of moving into our new shop and setting up new machinery. It hasn't left much time to finish up the VEXGEN and some other new projects. But we are now moving forward again. Should be making the first production run this month.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

We have finally started machining the first run of Vexgen 22mm rebuildable inserts. They will fit any 22mm regular size Vaperfexion tank without any modification. It is a 3 post design for dual-coil capability to answer a question that I keep getting. We should have all the parts machined in the next week or so. At that point, I'll show some pics and we'll decide on a release date.

vaptamist likes this.

While we will offer a basic Stainless tube for the inserts (fits above the tank's quartz tube around the coil chamber) with a single 1.2-1.6mm hole option to keep the base cost down. We are also making an adjustable air version with an outer air-ring for slightly more money. I literally have been slayed with emails about how air flow will be handled on these inserts!
    vaptamist likes this.

We are considering not releasing the RBA insert and just staying with the RDA insert. Since there just doesn't seem to be much interest in Genesis style RBA's. The RDA should be a pretty good and economical little unit though. I am waiting for final hardware for it and we should have them out by next weekend if everything shows up on time.
    vaptamist likes this.

At long last, The Fission RDA Insert is finally ready to see the light of day! It will ship with a Cartomator ONE 25.5mm bottom cap and a one piece chimney tube with 510 drip-tip adapter built in, which I will show as a complete unit tomorrow. If you want it to serve double duty and use cartos, you can add a second cap and a carto sized tube. Even with the complete 1"OD Cartomator One Carto Tank and the Fission insert/chimney, it will be very reasonably priced. Anyway here it is. Shown on a Cartomator ONE bottom Cap 20140717_173501.jpg
    and the unit itself
    20140717_173435.jpg
    20140717_180128.jpg

There will be a Fission Mini for 22mm tanks upcoming. But the 25.5mm Tank is so much better suited, with it's huge deck space, that it seemed like a natural fit and allowed us to integrate set screw holes for wire holding, as well as using the milled "wings" on the Fission deck to offer some air adjustment.. I'll have pics of the complete unit tomorrow at some point. It should be available for sale in the next few days. But let's see the thing first!
    Last edited by cuseguy; 07-17-2014 at 10:56 PM.
    vaptamist likes this.

Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran

Looks awesome! Any thoughts on a bottom fed 22mm (or smaller version). Imagine an American made genni Reo. Could you post a pic of the current 25mm built? It's been a while since I did a genni build..

We are experimenting with bottom fed concepts. But nothing concrete yet. I like your thinking though.
    I got a little delayed with the pics after we started assembling units and engraving tubes and bases. But I promise pics by tomorrow. We really aren't making many of these. 50 in the first run. All engraved with serial.