Should we make a Protank compatible tank?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Should we make a Protank compatible tank?

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran cuseguy's Avatar

Default Should we make a Protank compatible tank?

We have been toying with this idea for a bit now. Especially since it is a fairly good concept that gets dragged down by inferior materials and quality in the end product. We need input on what is desired, what needs to be fixed from the Kanger model and if this is even a worthwhile idea. We would like to make both a 19mm and a 22mm model, if this ends up as a product. Any input from Protank users is worthwhile.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Last edited by cuseguy; 05-02-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Airflow=critical on PT. The aero base on PT2 makes it decent, but could use better adjustment/more available airflow. I would be interested in a PT2 comparable type tank. I really like my PT2s, but it takes a little bit to make them right. Aero base plus a vertical coil makes PT2 a pretty decent vape. Dense but smaller cloud, good flavor, which I like for away from the house. Very reliable, never have a problem with them.

I haven't used PT's often, but airflow always seemed restricted to me. So that does need to be addressed for sure.

I already see part of the airflow issue. Unbelievable that Kanger engineers missed something so simple. I think the first step is duplicate the Kanger model in our shop and then make tweaks and see how it performs.

We are also looking at making an Aspire Nautilus Coil compatible tank and it seems to be the shop consensus so far as the version we should build.

My protank 3 vapes really well at 1.6 ohms, but as said above, for lung hits the airflow is too tight, it's a shame you've to buy a separate piece to get the airflow good!! I also find the standard drip tip is a really loose fit and other tips don't sit completely flush??? Had this on my last 2 protanks!!!!

This is the dilemma. We could actually improve the PT3 substantially across the board. It needs improvement in materials, airflow, aesthetics and function. The Aspire is pretty darn good as it sits. Although I personally find it sort of ugly. So the only real upgrades would come in the areas of aesthetics and materials.

I like the looks, the other thing is a way to retrofit the dual coil to a pt2, aero etc..... Has this been done??

That is the other thing we are playing with! I don't know for sure but I don't believe so.

I'll be watching with interest!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast