Page 5 of 787 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast
Like Tree1953Likes

Thread: VaporMoon.com & The Saber Touch Official Thread!

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Sir_Lawrence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhatAClumsyGirl View Post
    I also like the fact that you put a instruction sheet in with this mod.....thanks !

One question Sir....should noalox be applied to the end cap at some time to avoid seizing it up ? I had to do that with the silver bullet and was wondering about this mod. The threads dont look like that would ever happen but was wondering what you thought ?
    Glad you brought this up...

On the SB, you have aluminum touching aluminum. That is a situation that needs noalox so that is doesn't seize up.

On The Saber Touch, it's Brass touching Aluminum. You don't need to apply anything to the threads. It won't ever seize up. This is one reason I chose these metals.

And, I recommend using Mother's Aluminum Polish to keep it nice and shiny. That's what we use just before shipping.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Speaking from experience with GG mods with brass end caps and aluminum bodies, noalox is not entirely necessary as two different metals in contact with one another are very unlikely to seize as easy as two of the same metals in contact with each other.

That being said, all of my brass/aluminum mods still get a very very light coating of noalox "just in case".

I personally use Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish and Cape Cod Cleaning Cloths on my aluminum/brass mods. I bought Cape Cod Cloths off ebay and they can also be found at Lowe's. They are very clean, no thick polish to buff off, and have a nice scent. I use Mothers when my mods need a deep cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
    Speaking from experience with GG mods with brass end caps and aluminum bodies, noalox is not entirely necessary as two different metals in contact with one another are very unlikely to seize as easy as two of the same metals in contact with each other.

That being said, all of my brass/aluminum mods still get a very very light coating of noalox "just in case".

I personally use Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish and Cape Cod Cleaning Cloths on my aluminum/brass mods. I bought Cape Cod Cloths off ebay and they can also be found at Lowe's. They are very clean, no thick polish to buff off, and have a nice scent. I use Mothers when my mods need a deep cleaning.
    You can if apply it if you want to, but I hate the greasy mess, and I hate getting that stuff on my batteries.

boomboom, has yours been delivered yet? I'm so anxious to find out because after your request to buy a Saber Touch, everyone up you way seems to be ordering them like crazy!
    I just want to make sure I addressed it plain enough for customs.

Thanks

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ok thanks ! Was just wondering...just in case...

This contrast between the 2 colors is stunning...

I love the shiny....it doesnt seem to hold fingerprints so far...but i guess with age it will need to be polished.
    http://www.bellyrubs.org Rescue/Adopt A Basset
    "Reo Mod's Rock My Vape" www.reosmods.com
    Vaping since October 3rd 2009

" Some people seem brighter after being set on fire "

PV Master ECF Veteran

Makes me want one even more

Quote Originally Posted by WhatAClumsyGirl View Post
    Ok thanks ! Was just wondering...just in case...

This contrast between the 2 colors is stunning...

I love the shiny....it doesnt seem to hold fingerprints so far...but i guess with age it will need to be polished.
    That's why we use Mother's before shipping. It makes it almost like a mirror, and kinda hides finger prints for a while. And let me tell you, getting stock 6061 Aluminum to look shiny like that is a very time consuming process I do on my lathe. But I love to see the metal transform from very dull and ugly to something beautifully polished. I guess the time spent is worth it!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Lawrence View Post
    You can if apply it if you want to, but I hate the greasy mess, and I hate getting that stuff on my batteries.

boomboom, has yours been delivered yet? I'm so anxious to find out because after your request to buy a Saber Touch, everyone up you way seems to be ordering them like crazy!
    I just want to make sure I addressed it plain enough for customs.

Thanks
    Nothing received yet. I'll post here when I get it. Good to see the sales have really taken off!

ECF Veteran

so this is the new chit chat thread for the saber...the other thread is for the contest only....right ?

ECF Veteran

Ok sir..i need me some of that mothers polish....which one is it ? the aluminum polish paste stuff ?

Yes, since this isn't a contest thread, we can chat here now!

Thanks All!