VaporMoon.com & The Saber Touch Official Thread! - Page 763
Page 763 of 792 FirstFirst ... 263663713753759760761762763764765766767773 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,630 of 7913
Like Tree1993Likes

Thread: VaporMoon.com & The Saber Touch Official Thread!

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Sir_Lawrence's Avatar

The circuitry in the Saber has over load protection anyway.

Has anyone else gotten 10" of snow so far today?
    It's snowing like a blizzard!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

i would still like the reset able fuse in my maxx or is this still standard for the maxx version. And i look 4ward to my email this week is my week :]
    Last edited by xxtigerxeyesxx; 01-21-2014 at 08:23 PM.
    tnt56 likes this.

PV Master* Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I've had some very bad experiences with so called Protected batteries. That's why I prefer the fuse. Even If I have to replace it.
    Disapointed that my new one's didn't come with it. YMMV..

And with this I do believe this will be my last post in this thread. Have a Great day all. Sir Lawrance take care of yourself.
    Started vaping on 09/05/2012
    If I stumble and fall, I will get back up. I will never ever give up!

I'm sorry you feel this way. We would all love for you to stick around on this thread.

I try to please as much as I can.
    I should not have started the fuse since the Saber is totally protected anyway... unlike mech mods.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If your using aw imr's in Saber Touch, you have no need to worry. AW IMR's are designed to vent rather than explode. I used em and highly recommend them for saber touches, and if you know me, you know I've owned many Sabers and never had an issue to where a fuse would be necessary. Even in sub ohm vaping.

Howdy Sir, hope alls well my friend

Where da Moon Dwellers at

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
    AceCC likes this.

Hi my friend!
    Yes, that's why I've made it an option rather than standard. And I've sent so many standard springs out for people who claim it takes away from sub ohms.

Now, time to go shovel snow.... for the 3rd time!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Man, and we could use the snow here..send it this way...lol

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If anyone wants a 2 cent fuse for a mod that doesn't have one there are quite a few options that range from $2ish to $15ish bucks. These are usually simple fuses that trip when current exceeds something like 7 amps for more than a second or two.

First, if you've a VV, Max, or use a Kick or Crown...those already have current limiting/short circuit technology. You also have spring compression built into the Saber if a battery gets too hot.

If you intend to sub-ohm...you'll hopefully be using IMR chemistry (or some similar safe chemistry cell) high drain battery (20 continuous amps or more). Going below .5 ohms or so would most likely trip a 2cent fuse. Note, with the safe chemistry batteries...you still have a spring that will compress if the battery gets too hot.

For normal atties above 1 Ohms, the current fuse might be nice to have if you build your own coils and fear hard shorts, but as long as you're using safe chemistry batteries...there's still added safety in the compression spring.

There are a couple of 2 cent fuse types available that simply slide between the negative end of the battery and the spring. If you like you can run them across a magnet so they'll stick, and some might even come magnetized already.

Type 1 uses a one time fuse. If it blows, you throw it away and replace the whole button. I've seen these range from $2 to $12 each at various US online vendors. SmokTech was the maker of the ones I've seen.

Type 2 uses a PTC fuse. If they are tripped they will reset themselves after a short cool down period and can be reused. If tripped dozens of times, they will eventually stop resetting and require replacement. So far I've seen these in the $12 to $15 each price range. ShortStop and VapeSafe are brand names I've seen for them.
    Eye sea, eye here, and like two tail, butt all should no eye can knot spell. A friend of mine new what to dew, two cheque my spelling threw and threw. Eye brought sum soft-were in a sail, and now eye spell very whale.

Well... it's time for the dig out!
    They still haven't gotten to my street.