VaporMoon.com & The Saber Touch Official Thread! - Page 774
Page 774 of 790 FirstFirst ... 274674724764770771772773774775776777778784 ... LastLast
Results 7,731 to 7,740 of 7900
Like Tree1989Likes

Thread: VaporMoon.com & The Saber Touch Official Thread!

PV Master* Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

This is gonna be a pleasure for you then. I've also got arthritis in my hands. The sensor is a blessing in that respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Started vaping on 09/05/2012
    If I stumble and fall, I will get back up. I will never ever give up!

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Sir_Lawrence's Avatar

I hate to bring this up.... CLONES
    Why in the world would someone by a Cloned mod?
    It was first made here, then made in China as a clone.
    Why do you all want our money to go out of the country?
    Doesn't make any sense.
    I try my hardest to buy parts for making the Saber Touch to be all made in the USA.
    I know I mill, and do everything from scratch.
    But, to save a dollar, people are giving away money to other countries.
    Please start buying products made in your own country!
    It may save America!
    tnt56 and aikanae1 like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I think most ppl would agree with you. My understanding is the boards used in most vv/vw devices are from China due to no manufacturing in the states. I think it was Steam Monkey that had some lengthy discussions on Reddit about this, including a challenge with cash to bring manufacturing, at least ecig parts back to the US; cartos, switches, circuit boards, etc. I don't believe anything came of it.

Currently "clones" can mean a wide variety of things. Sometimes they are unofficial overruns that can be identical to the original but don't fall under the MRP. Basically a manufacturer or factory works boths sides for sales. Apple's expected a miracle to prevent that from happening.

Many times in China a manufacturer doesn't make anything but contracts the work out. Factory's are rented by the hour. You can have several factories making a single product or versions (Vision, Kanger, Siegeli). Alibaba's a confusing mess for anyone not expecting that.

A number of OEM clones are from manufacturers who rent the factory right after a brand name run and find the same tooling / sometimes raw materials left over and attempt to duplicate the product. They may make side deals with the original factory (their brother) to leave things that way.

Then you have companies who view "clonning" as evolving. The Siegeli Zmax was obviously cloned from the Provari sold at the time, but with VV/VW and OLED screen that customers requested. Pbsurado did a rant about that, then liked the device. Is that really a "clone", or a "clone" if a manufacturer sells the same thing without their name on it?

Most Chinese manufacturer minimum runs for mods are over 2,500 too. I don't think the US has the capacity to keep up with demand when even China has a hard time.

For many people, trying a cheap clone is a way to discover they want the real thing too. It's much easier to buy a KFL $30 clone than pay $100+ to test the waters. They are fully aware they are sacrificing quality, maybe function too, but if they get a taste that they'll enjoy the original, then they will want to or will buy the original. American's tend to have a short fuse for shoddy products overall. I think it's a minority that keep buying the fussy, Chinese hobby collections.

The ones that bug me most are the "clones" that duplicate the logo and phoney serial numbers. I'd call that counterfitting.

But "clones" is a broad term anymore. I don't think many people view that as being a high priority on the danger list.

I'm more worried about legislation that makes everything post 2007 illegal unless the device gets approval, which is expensive and impossible (so far). The more smokers can get their hands on any ecig devices, the less likely that will happen.
    Last edited by aikanae1; 03-28-2014 at 11:55 PM.
    "Don't blink."

OK... I agree.

I was the Original designer and maker of a Flashlight attachment for ecigs.
    I had a company write me last weeks wanting to purchase over 200 of them.
    I did give a price break even though there is no real mark up.
    She said that my price was too high... she could get the same thing in China for a lot less.
    I asked her to show me pics of what she saw in China.
    Not only did they copy my product, but they used pictures I took of My product that they downloaded off of the web.
    So please, buy original products. You never know what you are getting.
    tnt56 and aikanae1 like this.

ECF Veteran

That stinks. I hate to say this, but maybe you should consider watermarking photos. But that's a minor portion of the real problem.

My experience in a few coops dealing with Chinese manufacturing is that the customer will probably be in for a surprise anyway. Obviously the factory she's contacted intends to reverse engineer your design and well, those results are unpredictable. She may end up with 200 units of flashlights that don't work at all. Seriously. They don't use what they make nor test them.

Ecigs are not popular in China.

And maybe this'll make your day better. They also have a hard time understanding english / have Skype problems / vacation when it seems the most convienent (for them). Some factories are better than others. I hope she pays extra for test units first and then extras to cover any warrenty she offers. This is a reason custom order coops aren't allowed. It takes experience to successfully work with a Chinese factory. Even then it's problematic. She may be bald soon.

I also expect the factory will release her product before she gets her test units. Her revision will be their version 2. That's the way it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Lawrence View Post
    OK... I agree.

I was the Original designer and maker of a Flashlight attachment for ecigs.
    I had a company write me last weeks wanting to purchase over 200 of them.
    I did give a price break even though there is no real mark up.
    She said that my price was too high... she could get the same thing in China for a lot less.
    I asked her to show me pics of what she saw in China.
    Not only did they copy my product, but they used pictures I took of My product that they downloaded off of the web.
    So please, buy original products. You never know what you are getting.
    Last edited by aikanae1; 03-29-2014 at 12:26 AM.
    "Don't blink."

I have to put a stop to this...

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Sounds a lot like slowtech to me. Buy cheap and get cheap. Pay the little extra and USA all the way for this Okie.
    Yea I got china mods. Sometimes they might even get used. Their the ones I don't care anything about.
    For my USA mods. Well bring it on.
    And to Sir Lawrance. A person brought a really fancy mod in the shop today. Wanted to show it off. I went out to talk to him as the GM was very busy, and I'm next in line.
    Much to my surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the exact same Mod Envy version that I have.
    Made for a really nice conversation.
    Thank you for that moment in my day. (sure made me smile).
    AceCC likes this.

ECF Veteran

WOW, I had no idea that all this was going on. Im sorry I have been out of the loop here on Vapor Moon.

Im so sorry that all this happened, Sir Lawrence. Your Saber Touch is amazing, it was my first real device and they have and still brought me lots of enjoyment.
    AceCC and tnt56 like this.
    "me, I'm on the side of the Angels............ but the Devil is my best friend"

There is nothing like the original. I made the move from cig-a-likes to the mighty Saber almost three years ago and I have never looked back. These are the highest quality mods available and they are very nice looking. I agree with Credo that the Saber hits the sweet spot every time, never fails. I also like the original flashlight attachments.

Do not buy anything from China. Slave labor never made anything worthwhile. Also, every dollar going overseas is like a bleeding vein for this country. Keep your dollars at work here and buy a Saber. You will not be disappointed!

Go get 'em, S.L.!!
    Credo and tnt56 like this.
    Saber Touch VariVolt with gooseneck, Phiniac, and Bull Box Mod tip

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Ok I couldn't resist. I know I shouldn't have done it. But I just had to have the flashlight attachment. So I ordered both versions.
    That way I can run em on any of my Sabers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AceCC likes this.