Contest: Vote for the official 2012 Vapor Station brand ECF Signature Banner! - Page 2

View Poll Results: Contest: Vote for the official 2012 Vapor Station brand ECF Signature Banner!

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • A1

1 1.67%
  • A2

9 15.00%
  • A3

0 0%
  • B1

3 5.00%
  • B2

2 3.33%
  • B3

1 1.67%
  • C1

0 0%
  • C2

2 3.33%
  • D1

2 3.33%
  • E1

0 0%
  • F1

1 1.67%
  • G1

31 51.67%
  • G2

2 3.33%
  • H1

6 10.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Contest: Vote for the official 2012 Vapor Station brand ECF Signature Banner!

Krazee Kat Laydee/Guru X2 Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    Thank you for removing the post, DeviantDe. I fully 100% support posting the contest anywhere and everywhere, the only thing is it just throws the authenticity of what is considered by most to be the best banner out of whack when you ask them to vote for yours specifically.

We'll set an informal count of 8 votes for G1.

Does that sound fair to everyone?
    She admitted to having 4 votes BEFORE she posted that comment in the other thread... so I think she should just go back to where she was then!!
    But as I already said before... the damage has been done. You can delete the post, but you can't unread it... and it has been quoted in other posts as well.

And yes, some of the suppliers DO have that written into the Rules about not soliciting votes... but it should just be common courtesy, not something you have to be specifically told not to do...

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hey... I just had a GREAT idea!!

Let's judge the contest by the # of 'likes' in the original thread, and guess who would win then?? LMAO!!

(and that one didn't even make it to the final cut...)

Better still... I think I would just like to withdraw my entries and wash my hands of this whole mess!!!

Best of Luck with your NEXT contest, Eric...

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Spacekitty I have personally only been in one other contest that was decided by votes, and it was encouraged to campaign for votes for yourself in that contest.

I don't have a lot of experience in the contest by vote thing, other than the previous contest I entered and seeing other people throughout the forum ask to be voted for in contests they are participating in. I am usually only in the random number pick contests.

So maybe for people new to this kind of contest it might be nice to actually have something in the rules of the contest if people are going to be harassed about something they do not even know is an issue instead of just assuming that because you've seen something a dozen times then everyone must know about it.

I thought I was following the rules. The only rule that was stated was be creative, and the object of the contest was to get the word out about The Vapor Station. So I worked on a few things and when it came time for voting, I posted a link to the votes, anyone who followed that link got to see 14 new advertising banners. Yes I did ask for mine to be voted for, which I did not know was a problem. But it did bring attention for The Vapor Station to people that might not have otherwise known about it before.

SpaceKitty I did not mean to ruin the contest for everyone like you so nicely posted in my visitor messages.

Like I said before, I did not even know it was a problem. I removed the post. I cannot remove it where others quoted it. I apologized for my mistake. I have explained why I did what I did. I meant no harm and did not know that what I did was against any rules.

Eric I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Please do whatever you feel is best when it comes to the votes.
    Last edited by DeviantDe; 05-25-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Delilah718 and maddogg like this.

Sleep is for people that can't handle insomnia induced hallucinations.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm torn between A2 and H1 - arrrrgh! How to decide???

P.S.
    I have no clue who is responsible for which banner.
    spacekitty likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by pchela View Post
    I'm torn between A2 and H1 - arrrrgh! How to decide???

P.S.
    I have no clue who is responsible for which banner.
    That's why I asked him to remove the Names from the entries in the first place... More fun that way!!
    (they were posted on them in the beginning)

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I should probably keep quiet since I have a herd of horses in this race but...

IMO, this banner represents The Vapor Station and should reflect what image the company wants to convey here on the forum. Therefore, I have always held the personal conviction that whomever it is that makes these decisions, should choose his/her vision. Whether it be the website graphics, labels, printed advertising or a quickly interchangeable banner, the person with a vested financial interest should consider the entries and pick based on their preference.

All of these entries are done in good spirit, but the more important results are those which benefit the represented vendor. Trying to please the 10's of thousands of members is impossible....... so go with your own gut.

No defense or offense intended here, just relating my own business principles.

The Spotted Tongue! Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Just an FYI, there appears to be a hiccup with the polling totals. C2's vote tally appears to have been decreased by a factor of at least 10! It's only showing 2 votes when I'm SURE it must have 200+ votes by now!

HAVE YOU BEEN LICKED TODAY?

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran eric's Avatar

If I had to choose, it'd be A2. It actually brought an idea I had years ago into reality. Another one being a fueling station with e-juice as the fuel, but then I realized how repulsive that would be to a lot of people who would equate our liquids with deadly, explosive fuels with terrible, smelly fumes.

However, the fact remains this is a vote. I should have stated some rules, but I just didn't think it would be necessary. I'd rather you all not go out and garner votes, but I really can't do anything about it, and I don't even like the idea of marking DeviantDe's vote count for the fact I never said she couldn't.

I'll stick to the plan and keep this a voting matter.

Next time, though, Calamity Jan, I'll definitely leave it to my own personal decision. This route was too muddy.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran eric's Avatar

And for what it's worth, all of the entries were great and I really, truly appreciate all of the effort you folks put into it (despite the fact you no doubt did it for the goodies!).

Best of luck to you all!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Of the choices, H1 appealed the most to my eye(s). However, the current banner has sex appeal and I would like to see more in this "Barbara Feldon" or 60's modette style.
    CalamityJan and spacekitty like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast