Thread: EM901 - Break-in period for the atomizers?

Default EM901 - Break-in period for the atomizers?

I got my ultimate viper sets on Friday -fantastic ship time! - but I'm not seeing what all the hubbub is about. I'm not getting much vapor, no throat hit, no taste, feels like I'm sucking lots of air. Will this get better?

Both the blue & chrome are very cool looking!

Thank you!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Same here.

Lotsa whistling noise from atty and not much else.

I'm worried my head might implode....like that lil kid on the beach in the old pepsi commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpxGZVQReiI
    Last edited by firhill; 03-29-2009 at 04:31 AM.
    View my classified feedback HERE

same problem here,hope it is just a breaking in problem but I am very dissapointed!

The carts that come with this 901 aren't that great -- but once you add your own smoke juice you'll get more satisfaction.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I also was disappointed. Thought it was just me. Was very happy that I was allowed to made an exchange for another Vapor King which is just unbeatable IMHO!

Super Member ECF Veteran

You need LOTSA juice. Like a couple drops every 10 drags--the liquid in the cart is basically null...just keep it moist so it doesn't burn up!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

1) F7-11 is spot on re: the juice in shipped carts. Refill with your own and it makes a big difference.

2) I removed the end-piece on cart and I can get the LED to stay on longer now by drawing slower.

3) Tons of vapor and even a decent throat hit if you take a longer (or several short),slower drag(s) into mouth first and then inhale to lungs. Short,fast drags still get ya little.

Valiegirl/Deb/Peaches....I'd try some or all of the above and see if it helps/changes your experience with this one.

Other notes.....

Atomizer does run a lil hot..but if that's what aids in more vapour then thas cool.

After a day my thoughts were to resell the whole EM kit. Now after two days, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep it as it it certainly seems to have a "breaking in" period and has gotten much better with each subsequent refill.

It's certainly a completely different animal compared to the dse901 that I use regularly and could make a case for either being better/worse in different areas but I actually (now) enjoy having two totally different types of cigs to vape on.

I think the biggest thing is to make sure you take slow draws on the EM.

I'll holla back in a couple of days after more of a break-in period.
    View my classified feedback HERE