Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Fix for Non-Working Cartos

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Sallyem's Avatar

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Stoked! View Post
    Is it only cool carts or also premiums and wows?
    Thanks!!!
    Sometimes the center circle connector of our batteries somehow get pushed down a bit. Sometimes sticky stuff gets under there and it sticks in that down position. This is a reminder that when cleaning the batteries, and we stick a pin or whatever into the holes to keep them clear, we should also remember to try to lift that center of the battery a bit.

Assuming that has been done, and the cart still won't work, use my
    FIX as stated. It is for all the carts....I have used it on cool carts and on premium carts, and on regular carts. I have had to use the FIX many times, and believe me....it works!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Marianna Florida,( in the woods) I'M A GIRL!!

I tried it on a couple of premiums and it worked great, thanks a bunch
    RIMP
    "IT'S ALL SMALL STUFF"
    SMOKE FREE SINCE 8/16/09

LavaCorps Peeps Rock!!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Sallyem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RIMP View Post
    I tried it on a couple of premiums and it worked great, thanks a bunch
    RIMP
    You're very welcome

I was wondering about this. I just started with vaping and I had a cartridge that did nothing. I thought it might not have been filled. I tried your trick and it worked! Thanks so much for helping the "new guys!"

Full Member ECF Veteran

This thread should be stickied. I just revived 3 carts using this method. 2 were from a brand new pack and one died on me after much use. I know that I've tossed others that could have probably been saved.

I've included an image because it wasn't 100% clear to me what part I was supposed to spin. I used a flat-head screwdriver to spin the center, instead of the recommended needle-nose pliers. The needle-nose pliers that I had was not needly enough. The area that needs to be spun has a slight recess running down the center (visible in the image) which you can push with the screwdriver. Hopefully bumping this thread will help others.

Last edited by Mactrick; 10-22-2010 at 04:39 AM.
    VaVaunt likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Stickied!! This is known as the "sallyem" method

Full Member ECF Veteran

Just tried this on a self-refilled carto that was showing no sigs of life. It worked!

My method was just a little different. I used a tiny flat-head screwdriver as a lever and just pry the inner circle on the cartomizer up a little bit on two or three sides, using the inside of the outer wall as leverage. Great thread!

P.S. Mactrick, that's an appropriate alias for your post, having your "Mac" in the picture to demonstrate this "trick" =) I live in Wisconsin but I have family in Ventura that I visit occasionally. I've stealth vaped at the Bench Warmer pub a few times now.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Awesome! I was really sad that one my carts I just filled wasnt working and this made it magically start up again!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sallyem View Post
    I discovered a Fix for cartos that do not work at all. No vapor...no nothing...just not working. I have several new cool carts that I had to fix. Take a needle nosed pliers or something else that would work, and turn the round connector in the screw-in part of the carto. Turn it counter-clockwise about a quarter turn. It lifts that contact, and then it makes connection to the contact on the battery better. That has fixed my problems. GOOD LUCK!!
    Turning the round connector is to loosen the draw (to the left) or tighten the draw (to the right). When trying to unstick the round thing(s) at the threaded ends of the battery and the cartomizer, use a paper clip or something similar to lift the round things a little bit. Lift a little while going all around the round things. This will help to unstick them and make sure the gasket underneath the round things is sitting correctly. You don't want to turn the round things with pliers or a screwdriver, or this will affect the draw.

I'm referring to Boge and KR808D-1 cartomizers that have an indentation in the middle of the round thing at the threaded end. I also did not read this entire thread when posting this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I wish I knew this back when I received a 5 pack of dead carts! I threw them away. At least I know for next time.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast