Fix for Non-Working Cartos - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Fix for Non-Working Cartos

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Situation10 View Post
    I wish I knew this back when I received a 5 pack of dead carts! I threw them away. At least I know for next time.
    You'll never know if that was the problem with them.

I think using a large bent paper clip works the best to lift the round connector. Just stick the paper clip into the threaded end hole a little ways and turn it in a circle motion, lifting up a little at the same time.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran sooperdrave's Avatar

tried this on a cool cart and it made the draw so tight i had to throw the carto away.
    A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sooperdrave View Post
    tried this on a cool cart and it made the draw so tight i had to throw the carto away.
    You could have turned it back to where it was. Turn left for an easier draw, turn right for a harder draw.
    rodmen likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran sooperdrave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deback View Post
    You could have turned it back to where it was. Turn left for an easier draw, turn right for a harder draw.
    i suppose that is possible. i was turning it counter clockwise (left)
    A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Full Member ECF Veteran

I'm sure that if someone had 5 cartos DOA, that V4L would have gladly replaced them. I have dealt with maybe 6 different vendors since I've started vaping this past year, and none have had near as great customer service as V4L! They are the company I use exclusively now because of this!!

It really does work!! Thanks. I had to do the quarter turn numerous times to get it functioning so if you don't have luck keep on turning & testing until you have success. Great tip.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Sallyem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LOPCG View Post
    It really does work!! Thanks. I had to do the quarter turn numerous times to get it functioning so if you don't have luck keep on turning & testing until you have success. Great tip.
    Instead of turning it, try prying the center up a little, evenly, with a pin or some other small instrument. I tried the "turn" before I knew I could also "pry".

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sallyem View Post
    Instead of turning it, try prying the center up a little, evenly, with a pin or some other small instrument. I tried the "turn" before I knew I could also "pry".
    You're correct! If the round connector is stuck, it shouldn't be turned. I insert the end of a large bent paper clip into the connector hole and lift or pry the connector up.

New carto that was just filled didn't work. I did this and it WORKS!!!

Thanks for this great tip!!!

update

Worked for about 4hrs now totally dead. Oh well, I was going to throw it away anyway.
    Last edited by ISBN; 12-07-2010 at 03:05 AM.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I tried the rotate thing, and it makes the carto where I can barely draw any air thru it at all.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast