Fix for Non-Working Cartos - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Fix for Non-Working Cartos

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Cyre - Turn it back to the left to allow air to flow through. Don't turn it too far. After this, don't rotate it again, unless you turn it only about 1/4 of a turn and no more. The fix mentioned in this thread is to LIFT the connector, not to rotate it (which will mess up the wires inside the carto).

I had to adjust a little at a time, try turning back the other way a hair. I'll have to try the pry tip that was mentioned too.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I think I've figured out why the carts get so hard to draw through over time...I think the plastic tube in the middle shrinks closed with the heat from the amomizer thing. Maybe?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I take a hat pin about 2" long and slide it up carefully through the battery end and out the mouthpiece. Then I gently pull it toward me and away from me a few times to be sure the tube is centered and hopefully widen it a bit. This has worked approx. 85% of time.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran jeffree's Avatar

Interesting thread. Just curious about something...

When I have a carto (sometimes even a new one) that draws too tightly, I sometimes notice that I can't see through the carto when I hold it up to a light. I've tried to insert a straightened paper clip through the carto to clear the way, but it won't go all the way through.

Should I try something else? Natalia mentions a hatpin, but I have no idea where to find one. Any other suggestions, comrades, or is the lack of visual "openness" meaningless?

Quit cigs cold turkey, thanks to V4L, in January 2010
    Quit PG almost cold turkey, thanks to VG, in May 2010
    Currently enjoy eGo-C Twist batts + Kanger T3s clearos

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Sallyem's Avatar

Jeffree, I think the lack of a visual opening, even when you try the paper clip trick, very
    meaningful. I would think it is a bad cart (happens now and then). How is the refilling
    coming? What is your favorite method?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Jeffre,I use a large sewing needle to open the the center hole on carts up.

Thanks, Lorraine. I'll try that. Sally, I'm still just using the condo method, which is working well. But I do have a couple of syringes waiting for their day in court! Either way, after asking 100 questions here and fumbling around a bit, I think I'm over the hump. I'm now officially a fill-my-own kind of guy. And it only took one full year! What a schmuck I can be.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeffree View Post
    Interesting thread. Just curious about something...

When I have a carto (sometimes even a new one) that draws too tightly, I sometimes notice that I can't see through the carto when I hold it up to a light. I've tried to insert a straightened paper clip through the carto to clear the way, but it won't go all the way through.

Should I try something else? Natalia mentions a hatpin, but I have no idea where to find one. Any other suggestions, comrades, or is the lack of visual "openness" meaningless?
    Hi Jeffree. I bought the hat pins on ebay. 7 for 7.99 free shipping. But a sewing needle, as Lorraine said, would work as well and be cheaper. I just prefer the hat pins because they have a nice bauble at one end to hold onto.

Thanks, Natalia!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast