Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Fix for Non-Working Cartos

Full Member ECF Veteran

This method is old and you don't need to turn counter-clockwise or even counter clockwise. You actually risk irreversibly breaking the carto if you turn too much. An almost always available tool is paper-clip. Just open up the paper clip so there is only one bend and make the bend smaller if needed. Put the curved bend under the post and pull up the post while circling the paper-clip around the post to keep it vertically straight. Another tip is to pull up more than needed, the carto will put it in it's proper place.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Wow..... worked for me. I did the "pry". Thanks for bringing up this topic.

Mmc
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I wish I had read this thread last week- had 2 boxes of smilin menthol 11 that wouldn't work - no taste at all

Just got a battery in that wasnt doing anything, i simply used a paper clip and worked the center of the battery conncetor up a lil bit and now it makes contact with the carto...All is GOOD!!

Mmc
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran

My carts wouldn't work on any of my batteries and I have 7 of them!

Blog Entries

since this is a sticky, and a good one, i request a little clarification to the tip(s) being suggested here, as they're becoming a little blurry. to me, it sounds like two different suggestions (a carto fix , and a batt fix) are becoming muddled.

are we talking about prying on the center of the carto or the battery? are we talking about turning or only lifting?

those who understand this trick probably don't see the confusion, but noobs may be completely confused by what is being discussed.

i've not done this with any success, so i'm not the person to re-explain this with clarity. but if someone else who has done this could chime in, it will make this sticky much more useful to future readers.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by deback View Post
    You could have turned it back to where it was. Turn left for an easier draw, turn right for a harder draw.
    righty tighty lefty loosey..

Moved On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tj1100cl View Post
    since this is a sticky, and a good one, i request a little clarification to the tip(s) being suggested here, as they're becoming a little blurry. to me, it sounds like two different suggestions (a carto fix , and a batt fix) are becoming muddled.

are we talking about prying on the center of the carto or the battery? are we talking about turning or only lifting?

those who understand this trick probably don't see the confusion, but noobs may be completely confused by what is being discussed.

i've not done this with any success, so i'm not the person to re-explain this with clarity. but if someone else who has done this could chime in, it will make this sticky much more useful to future readers.
    tj1100cl,

Confusion is for that then thou though this

Let's say that your battery seems to work fine with all you're Cartos, except for that brand new pack you just got. You try a new Carto...it doesn't work, you put an old one on and it works just fine.

In that case you'll want to pry the post up on the new one.

The other side of the coin on this is.....all of the sudden you notice that your battery lights up, but you are getting little to no vapor no matter what Carto you are using. Then it is time to pry up the post on the battery.

The post in either case is pretty pliable and if you raise it too high, it will set back into place once the Carto is screwed on. One way to avoid pushing the post down on your battery is to only put it on the recharger tight enough to see the light blink and the charging activated, instead of going neanderthal on it and screwing it in super-tight.

Hope that helps......
    Last edited by SnowDragon; 02-04-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Blog Entries

so what you're saying is that either piece of hardware, the carto or the batt, is available for a little prying up on the center contact?

and, that for a little more or less resistance on inhale, the carto center contact can be rotated a little bit for adjustment?

i'm not having any issues with my gear, but i dont want any noobs to start prying on something they shouldn't and break something new. this hobby has a steep learning curve and a lot of areas where someone can quickly lose hope for a tobacco alternative. minimizing that is one of the most important things about this great forum.

thanx for chiming in, snow
    pwmeek likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Basically, here's what this thread is about:

Lift the connector on both the battery and cartomizer to create a better connection. You can use a paper clip or small screwdriver to pry the connector out a little.

Don't turn the connector on the cartomizer, because doing so can cause the wire inside to break. Turning the connector to the left or the right does nothing to help get an easier draw, more vapor, better connection, etc.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast