Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Fix for Non-Working Cartos

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Snow is just so darn helpful!!! Thanks again for your wealth of info

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Above God View Post
    eh...guess i could try this, i have had at least one dud in every wow pack i have got so far
    Yikes!......
    REOnaut since November 2010 ...... Still the best vape available almost 4 years later!

Super Member ECF Veteran

Has anyone else noticed a thread problem with cartos? I get some that will just not screw onto my 808 XL's. Most of those "rejects" will screw onto my PT, and then sometimes will work with my 808's, but not always. It seems the PT can sometimes clean out the threads enough to get them to screw all the way onto my PV's, but not always.

Is there another way to clean burrs or whatever it is in these carto threads out so they will go right on my 808's? I worry about damaging my V4L batteries with these difficult cartos. I kind of wish I had a stainless steel "dummy" screw that I could use to force into carto threads to clean them out.

I've had a few I could not get screwed down at all, even on the PT. It seems more common on the cool carts. This is not to be confused with lifting the post for an electrical contact. It's a problem with the threads.

Moved On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yes this is a known problem and is most commonly found with Cool Cartos being used on auto batts and passthroughs. You'll need to take some 440 grit sandpaper or an Emory board /fingernail file and sand down your threads. This will not damage your threads for use with other Cartos. Simply take a small piece of sandpaper and work the battery threads back and forth a few times, wipe down the threads and try screwing on your battery.

Let me know if this didn't work? Did you ever hook-up the adapter you needed?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDragon View Post
    Yes this is a known problem and is most commonly found with Cool Cartos being used on auto batts and passthroughs. You'll need to take some 440 grit sandpaper or an Emory board /fingernail file and sand down your threads. This will not damage your threads for use with other Cartos. Simply take a small piece of sandpaper and work the battery threads back and forth a few times, wipe down the threads and try screwing on your battery.

Let me know if this didn't work? Did you ever hook-up the adapter you needed?
    Oh, on the Buzz? Some confusion on my part there. My Buzz was ordered and did come in with an 808 native connector. I had ordered some 901 to 808 adapters, but didn't need them. Funny thing was it worked with WOW cartos, but not cool carts. Turns out they install a rubber O ring on the 808 natives, which makes the 808 compatable with 901's, but doesn't allow for any air to be drawn with a cool cart. I guess the threads are deeper on a cool cart than they are on the WOWs. Took the O ring out, it works fine for both types now.

Vaping should be simpler than this! LOL...

So, I should sand down the cartos? You aren't saying to sand the battery here, are you?

Moved On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

No, sand down the threads on the battery, it's easy, a couple of quick twists, a quick wipe, test it, and repeat if necessary. I find some 400 works good, or if your wife/girlfriend has a Emory Board for her fingernails that will also work. Glad to hear everything worked out.....4.7v...a good place to be.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDragon View Post
    No, sand down the threads on the battery, it's easy, a couple of quick twists, a quick wipe, test it, and repeat if necessary. I find some 400 works good, or if your wife/girlfriend has a Emory Board for her fingernails that will also work. Glad to hear everything worked out.....4.7v...a good place to be.
    I love that freakin Buzz. Maybe not cool to say in the V4L forum, I still really like my XL's. Room in my cache for both, that's for sure! I also got some 901 to 808 connectors, and that improved the draw on the Buzz.

Just tracked down my mailman. I was jonesin for some 36mg. Just tried the vanilla mocha frapp.

Moved On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Let me know how it works out on the threads, no doubt vmf is good stuff.
    Last edited by SnowDragon; 02-23-2011 at 03:44 AM.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I think that solved my problem on over tightning batteries when placing battery in the charger.By your vid I adjusted the center on batterys and now they work great now...Thanks alot snowdragon...Sorry for the bump you guys and gals but I just had to thank snowdragon...

Moved On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

That's what family is for Hersch, glad it helped out!
    Cyrus Vap likes this.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast