Ask the OLDIES!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Ask the OLDIES!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKY View Post
    I appear to be having the same problem... My two auto batteries will not hold a charge any longer. I have only had the since Wednesday and they worked fine until yesterday, but now when I put them on the charger, they only charge for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours and then go dead almost immediately. On top of that, my PCC does not seem to work. I attach the dead battery and turn it on per instructions, and it just shuts itself down and does nothing.

I have a ticket in, so we will see. I have a manual battery that seems to be fine, I asked if they would just swap out the autos if this is a current issue with manuals since like both about the same.
    I think you're on to something -- now that I think about it only my autos (recently got two regular and one short) need to be charged twice. However I have one manual and it holds the charge, meaning the light stays green when I put it back in the charger immediately after a charge.

Account closed on request ECF Veteran

My manual holds charge just fine also... It even came with the same order (not that means anything about when it was manufactured).

Anyway, customer service is sending me out 2 new batts, hopefully these work correctly. I am sure they will get it figured out.

ECF Guru (Fusionman) Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If your putting them autos that won't charge in the pcc it's probably shutting down because it senses the batteries have a problem. Just a thought.

To handle yourself, use your head; To handle others, use your heart.

Here's one for the oldies. How do the generic KR808D batteries stack up to the Vapor King? I've had mine for about three weeks now and I love the thing. I'm planning on getting my dad a kit to try them out, but he's a longtime smoker and I'm not sure if he'll take to it or not. I'm considering getting him a cheaper generic kit to see if he likes it first and then steering him to vapor4life thereafter. But, if the generic batteries aren't in the same performance ballpark, then that would defeat the purpose. Thoughts?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by itsterry View Post
    Here's one for the oldies. How do the generic KR808D batteries stack up to the Vapor King? I've had mine for about three weeks now and I love the thing. I'm planning on getting my dad a kit to try them out, but he's a longtime smoker and I'm not sure if he'll take to it or not. I'm considering getting him a cheaper generic kit to see if he likes it first and then steering him to vapor4life thereafter. But, if the generic batteries aren't in the same performance ballpark, then that would defeat the purpose. Thoughts?
    Hit and miss. There are alot of places that sell the kr model and none of them will tell you who the manufacture of their product is (There are different manufactures). Variation in battery design can change airflow, capacity, and reliability. If money is a concern for you, stick with a supplier with a good reputation for customer service. If you find that your dad doesn't like vaping, maybe you could talk him out of his gear...win-win.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran samsmom's Avatar

I have a generic KR808D-1 that is a manual and it always gives me problems. The button is so finicky - you have to hold it down and push up, down, back, and forth to get it to fire. It's a PITA!

ECF Guru (Fusionman) Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I got mine from Good Prophets and after a month or more he replaced one of mine that was bad without any hassel. It's an extremely good vendor.

To handle yourself, use your head; To handle others, use your heart.

Generics have shorter cutoff times also.
    Its nice to be important,but its more important to be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by lambolover808 View Post
    stick with a supplier with a good reputation for customer service
    Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah, I said generic, but I was actually talking about a couple other kits from other vendors that seem to have a good reputation on this site, I just didn't know if it was against etiquette to mention other vendors within this forum. Thanks for the info on the shorter cut off time as well. I didn't know about that and that would definitely be a deal breaker.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran krazie_Kid's Avatar

-Snickers- I have a question for the "Oldies". Is it true, if you do not use it you will lose it?

I am sorry I had to, once I saw the thread for this, and thought of the 40 year old virgin lol.

Ok time for serious questions.

1) I have been vaping for 8 months, and sometimes I notice that I have a small trouble breathing when I am vaping,not right after but literally when I am drawing. It is odd to explain, it feels like I am short of breath. But most of the times, I am fine.

and my other question. I have seen on here that it takes a while for nic to hit the system. For me, it hits instantly, but my vaping method is not like a smoking method, I do not drag off it and hold it in my mouth then inhale, I just inhale right to my lungs, which I know other people do, and it hits me right away. but sometimes it takes a little long to hit also, why is that?

Now for people that say it is taking a little long for them to hit but doing that method seems to hit me instantly.

Vape on,
    Kevin
    Laa shay'a waqi'un moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine. The wisdom of our creed is revealed through these words. We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast