Ask the OLDIES!!
Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Ask the OLDIES!!

Default Ask the OLDIES!!

This thread is for newer members to ask the Veteran V4Lers questions about vaping.We are here to help you.ASK AWAY!!
    LIFE likes this.
    Its nice to be important,but its more important to be nice.

Great! I have a question about switching over from analogs. I was smoking a pack a day and still sneak in 3-5 analogs a day (though I've only been vaping for about 3 weeks). I feel like I have to constantly vape to keep from switching to an analog. For instance if I have to do something where I can't vape for a few hours I'm too impatient to wait for the slow vape of nicotine to kick in, I give in to an analog for the quick relief. What was your process like?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

What strength are you using? When I first started I had to up my nicotine level in order to put the cigarettes down entirely. Also you may be experiencing withdrawal symptoms from other substances present in cigarettes. I had mild withdrawal for the first couple of weeks. Some folks supplement their vaping with snus or dissolvable tobacco products to get them over the hump.

ECF Veteran

Maybe make this sticky worthy?
    I am an adult. I am a vaper. I do not need over-regulation or any organization telling me what I should or shouldn't do. I can make my own decisions and I can deal with the consequences. Over-Regulation = higher prices for me based on red tape I didn't ask for.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I experienced a similar situation when I first started to vape. Here's a few things that helped me --

1. The first few weeks of vaping I was still smoking 1/4 pack a day. I bumped my next V4L order to 36mg (I think I started at 11 or 18mg). I would vape at 36mg until I started to get a little headache, which stopped the analog cravings for me. I've since stepped back down to 24mg and now 18mg.

2. Psychologically I never quit, I just replace smoking analogs with vaping. I still have an analog now and then... maybe 2 or 3 per month just to prove the point.

3. I'm never in a situation where I can't vape for a few hours. Learn to "Stealth vape". Mornings may be the hardest, but after a while you'll loose the really intense cravings for an analog.

4. When you're trying to kill a craving do it with a flavor that has high TH. 18mg (or higher) Cinnamon Roll in the morning is nothing short of awesome.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Mactrick; 11-14-2010 at 05:56 PM.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Sorry, wrong thread
    Last edited by Natalia; 11-14-2010 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Wrong thread

Super Member ECF Veteran MsOceanCity's Avatar

To control cravings, I find it imperitive to have a "go-to vape"....this is a flavor you absolutely love and can pick up anytime. Also, it should have a high nic content...preferrably 24 or 36mg. Vape as much as you need to to quell the craving. When I do this, my body has no more desire for an analog because I have gotten enough nicotine to fully satisfy. Hope this helps

Analog free since August 24, 2010

I'm using 36 mg and hope to move down after I get completely converted to vaping. I believe I am one of those people who is HIGHLY addicted to nicotine, I tried every stop smoking aid known to man and wanted to smoke on top of them. I have business meetings where it would be unprofessional for me to vape and cause a distraction. I think it's just gonna take some patience at first to get use to the slower effect of a vape to kick in, but I think I'll get there.

Mac -- I'll def try the cinnamon roll! Even though I wasn't a menthol analog smoker, I'm also finding that mint flavors and WOW peppermint are better for me when I'm dying for nicotine because the mint feels stronger (even if its not).

Question: where do you get stealth liquids that work with V4L?

Quote Originally Posted by MsOceanCity View Post
    To control cravings, I find it imperitive to have a "go-to vape"....this is a flavor you absolutely love and can pick up anytime. Also, it should have a high nic content...preferrably 24 or 36mg. Vape as much as you need to to quell the craving. When I do this, my body has no more desire for an analog because I have gotten enough nicotine to fully satisfy. Hope this helps
    Great advice! I'm so glad that worked for you. I was wondering the same thing so I ordered juice in my favorite analog fighting flavors (36 mg Parliament Menthol and WOW Peppermint). I'll keep many on stand by. When I'm relaxing after dinner I switch to 24 mg fun flavors (like Pear or Wow Vanilla).

Yankees/Giants/Lakers Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by knightofcups View Post
    For instance if I have to do something where I can't vape for a few hours I'm too impatient to wait for the slow vape of nicotine to kick in, I give in to an analog for the quick relief.
    I agree with what's already been said...Get yourself some 36mg in a strong (maybe a tobacco or coffee) flavor for this situation. I work in a hospital, so I know there are times when it's impossible to chain vape (which is what many of us do at the beginning when switching over). Instead of smoking the analog, vape the strong-flavored 36mg. This is what worked for me.

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast