confused about refilling - low vapour production - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: confused about refilling - low vapour production

Full Member ECF Veteran

Ok, i just filled a fresh blank with about 10 drops, shook it up, then added another 7 or 8 and shook it up again. Vapour production from the first hit off of it, with loads of flavour. I'm sold on the shaking method for now. Although i'm going to try the syringe method too.

phishtraveler: Try the shaking method. It seems to work. Vapour production was a million times better that way for me than all the other ways combined.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran jeffree's Avatar

V4L has a small new line of VG coming. And for anyone who hasn't tried VG lately, I can tell you that it's not only PG that's improved during the past year. Some of the new VGs I've tried are as pure and potent (well, almost) as the best PGs. And the vape clouds are magnificent. You may want to try a few when they hit the shelves.

Quit cigs cold turkey, thanks to V4L, in January 2010
    Quit PG almost cold turkey, thanks to VG, in May 2010
    Currently enjoy eGo-C Twist batts + Kanger T3s clearos

Super Member ECF Veteran

I'd like to see some 60/40 or 70/30 mixed. All of my DIY is in that realm and they Do makes some tasty fogggggg

Moved On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Definitely sounds like you are over-filling and flooding the atty out to me, reverse spin all the juice out, hold the carto at a 70 degree angle and try 8-10 drops.... A Passthrough will also help out with a flooded atty by kickstarting it so to speak. If 8-10 drops works for you and it starts producing acceptable vapor then just top it off with another 6-8 drops.

Oops didn't see your #11 reply thread...oh well
    Last edited by SnowDragon; 12-14-2010 at 07:10 AM.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDragon View Post
    Definitely sounds like you are over-filling and flooding the atty out to me, reverse spin all the juice out, hold the carto at a 70 degree angle and try 8-10 drops.... A Passthrough will also help out with a flooded atty by kickstarting it so to speak. If 8-10 drops works for you and it starts producing acceptable vapor then just top it off with another 6-8 drops.

Oops didn't see your #11 reply thread...oh well
    It's all good. More info is better than none. Thanks for replying

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

6string: Shaking thehelloutofthecarto really works for me....can't really figure out the spin so much!
    ~~~~~~~~
    Try this. pry off the soft cap of a newly vaped carto...close to dry, but still producing vapor....don't burn it all the way out. fill it with the exact same juice using this method....tilt it 45 degrees and drop in two drops, twist, two more drops, twist...keep going until you drop in 12 drops. Then wait for the juice to soak into the filler, then drop in 7 more drops. wait for soak in...then done. replace the soft cap and put the rubber caps back on. Then shake the carto vigorously for about 3 minutes. then vape it.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by lonercom View Post
    If you are going to drip into the cartos, start when the vapor production or taste drops off. Don[t wait too long or you may damage the filler. When you drip into them, don't count drops. Drip till the filler is damp and give em a thermometer shake or a spin in the bag that came with your battery. ten seconds is more than enough.

On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with a syringe. Inject till the juice shows at thr top and then pull some back out. It's really much simpler, faster and neater.

I just made a vid for you and posted it on my blog: www.lonegogger.com. (Well, it will be there by 11:30pm tonight)
    Just watched the video lonercom. Thank you, nicely done Where did you get the pointy needle and what gauge is it?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
    Just watched the video lonercom. Thank you, nicely done Where did you get the pointy needle and what gauge is it?
    It's 18 gauge. I got a few at wal-mart for about .20 each then I bought a box of 100 online for $15.00. I got them here, 3 ml luer lock syringe with 1.5" 18g hypodermic needle - Syringe and Needle | Research Laboratory Supply, Inc.. I think they took paypal too.

PV Master Verified Member always9988's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JenJen View Post
    I tend to "top off" rather then refill. (keeping the carto moist is key I think - I never vape it down to the burnt taste) Every few hours I will put 6 -10 drops in (depending on how it seems to be soaking in) I tilt the battery and drip 2, turn, drip 2, turn drip 2 etc... until it seems to not be soaking in. Be sure not to drip into the center hole. Then I spin with butt plug and condom on and check the hole to make sure I can see through it (fluid in the hole will kill vapor production) and if I can't I give it a gentle blow into a napkin or tissue till I can see through it again - then put it on a bat and am good to go! I always get lots of vapor and tons of flavor using this method. I have tried others but this seems to do the trick for me.
    I do. I have arthritis in my knee and metal in my foot on the same leg (they reattached some tendons and broke my heel to fix the way the bone sat. Two screws and a plate). I can predict a pressure change long before accuweather lol

PV Master Verified Member always9988's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by always9988 View Post
    I do. I have arthritis in my knee and metal in my foot on the same leg (they reattached some tendons and broke my heel to fix the way the bone sat. Two screws and a plate). I can predict a pressure change long before accuweather lol
    Sorry guys, tapatalk messed up and completely put this in the wrong thread

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast