V4L Family Chat - Page 1183
Like Tree18379Likes

Thread: V4L Family Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa66 View Post
    katz, shades of: "I'm sorry, I can't do that, Dave."
    The Hal 9000!

Gradually taking over all our lives . . .
    Lisa66 likes this.
    "To be a Virginian, either by Birth, Marriage, Adoption, or even on one's mother's side, is an Introduction to any State in the Union, a Passport to any Foreign Country, and a Benediction from Almighty God."

Idiot Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Hope kitty feels better soon Ms. Katz.
    "Everyone loves a revolution, all the liberty they bring, everyone loves a revolution, one man's chain is another man's key, you never know what you'll get when tyrants fall... A revolution just a circle after all."- ilyAIMY "Revolutions Per Minute"

PV Master ECF Veteran

Yeah for sure Katz ,i feel for you and the cat ! and me wah !
    and this flu/cold from hell has not broken 100 % yet .
    im very tired of it and things are getting out of hand wah call the wahmbulance ..i want a nanny ......and a housekeeper this week .
    ms. kitty are YOU feeling any better ?
    mind you i am not worse or i would go to the dr but its only like 5-10% improvement per day WAH !
    ok whining over but really i have to because i did not marry the most sympathetic or empathetic man in the world ...lol
    Last edited by waylonjessi4ever; 02-16-2012 at 03:28 AM.
    EleanorR and kittypie like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Were here, waylonjess, you can waaaaaaaah all you want and we won't go away!
    EleanorR likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran

thanks Lisa !

O.T. i just stumbled on this ...disturbing ..would this have had to be a mod ?
    Man Suffers Severe Injuries After E-Cigarette Explodes in His Mouth - Yahoo! News

Good morning V4Lers!!

They found 3.0v batts and a charger so they assume it was a tube mod that caused it.
    Its nice to be important,but its more important to be nice.

Moved On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Apparently the previous story was a Prodigy V3 (Reply #10) This isn't the only reference to it being a V3. The first thing any experienced Mod user should note are any safety issues with any new device. When I reviewed the 5v OMG, safety was my biggest concern and still is with that device.

I get nervous should anybody mistakenly slap a 1. or 1.25 Ohm dual coil on it, yet so many of my peers and other reviewers have never even mention a single word about it.

I think this may have happened to the poor gentlemen in question, after all there is no way to tell a 1 Ohm Dual Coil Tank Carto from 3.0 Ohm. Recently V4L shipped unmarked replacement cartos out, which they since rectified but it does happen.

Why No Vents On The V3.1?

How does this happen? Here is a reviewer tempting fate as he holds up 5v OMG with a stuck button, then goes to take a draw while it is flashing 7 times.....the sign that the unit is overheating.

SmokTech 5V WOW from GGecigs.net - YouTube (1:37 mark)

Here is another review from a self-dubbed reviewer, yet not a peep about safety. It reads more like a marketing brochure.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ow-review.html

The last I want is something like this to happen to anybody let alone a family member. My video came out before this incident and I'm sure some folks went yeah, yeah, yeah, vent hole..whatever...high resitance cartos..whatever, the 1.5 Ohm dual carto works great...gee I'm lovin it.

Trust me, if I ever note a safety concern on a review....take note. I don't want this type of scenario to happen to anyone, especially a V4L family member.
    Last edited by SnowDragon; 02-16-2012 at 09:36 PM.

I thought the earlier accident was a V3,I didnt hear that they knew which unit was involved in the accident on the 13th.

I did post a blog about it if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by keyzygirl; 02-16-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    GrannyM and AG51 like this.
    Its nice to be important,but its more important to be nice.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran ThankU4Vaping's Avatar

Good morning all!

Saw the article on Yahoo including all the idiotic comments after it...someone please define tube mod, is it a homemade device?

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by keyzygirl View Post
    I thought the earlier accident was a V3,I didnt hear that they knew which unit was involved in the accident on the 13th.

I did post a blog about it if anyone is interested.
    Keyzy,
    Great blog entry!!
    keyzygirl likes this.