V4L Family Chat - Page 1282
Like Tree18379Likes

Thread: V4L Family Chat

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStrick9 View Post
    Eleanor, I too sympathize with you. But instead of planning for a move to prod me into getting rid of stuff...a good healthy divorce managed to produce similar results.
    Been there, done that. But "that" was 14 years ago! Guess what's happened in the intervening 14 years?
    (Gah, I can't believe it's been 14 years already . . . almost to the day! What on earth happened to the time?)

Quote Originally Posted by ThankU4Vaping View Post
    All this cleaning/organizing talk is re-energizing. I love organizing!

"Hi, my name is TU4V and I have Obsessive Cleaning Disorder...don't try to stop me!"
    TU4V, you have a standing invitation to come to my house. Anytime. Really. Starting NOW!
    waylonjessi4ever likes this.
    "To be a Virginian, either by Birth, Marriage, Adoption, or even on one's mother's side, is an Introduction to any State in the Union, a Passport to any Foreign Country, and a Benediction from Almighty God."

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Iowa, I hope you have a wonderful time with the kiddies.

All this talk of spring cleanup.... I need to and actually have the motivation but won't be able to do anything like that for quite a while. I'm sure once I get normal use of my arm again the feeling will have worn off! I did manage to go through a lot of files this week and did some shredding (shows you how bored I am). The stacks of recyclable stuff will have to be handled by the spousal unit. I'm pretty useless right now with my left flipper!
    EleanorR and waylonjessi4ever like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran katz-in-boots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EleanorR View Post
    TU4V, you have a standing invitation to come to my house. Anytime. Really. Starting NOW!
    That's what I was thinking Eleanor! Really TU4V, you'd love Tasmania! Though the weather isn't good today, gale winds & rain - perfect for a cleaning spree

Got the washing maching into action late yesterday arvo, it did get a brief rest when I went to bed, but it's been going non-stop again today. Tumble dryer too. Almost a week's worth of washing to do. Out of towels, tea towels, undies, nighties, pretty much everything. Except black leggings - made me realise just how many I own
    Your Truth may not be my Truth. That does not make either of us right or wrong, only different.
    Vaping Since December 10th 2010

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

What is a "tea towel"? Is that like our "hand towel"? Just curious.

It's more like a "finger towel" -- a small, decorative hand towel. Usually found in guest bathrooms. I don't know why.

Or maybe she means those special thin cotton cloths we use in the kitchen to wrap baked goods in, when they're fresh out of the oven . . .
    "To be a Virginian, either by Birth, Marriage, Adoption, or even on one's mother's side, is an Introduction to any State in the Union, a Passport to any Foreign Country, and a Benediction from Almighty God."

ECF Veteran

It's more like a "finger towel" -- a small, decorative hand towel. Usually found in guest bathrooms. I don't know why.

Or maybe she means those special thin cotton cloths we use in the kitchen to wrap baked goods in, when they're fresh out of the oven . . .
    I see. I was also thinking "napkin". Since they're called "tea towels", I thought perhaps they were used at "tea time".

Trivia, eh?

Oh, and hello Eleanor. Good to see you.
    EleanorR likes this.

Hello LS9.

Those thin cotton cloths I mentioned are also excellent for hand-drying stemware and other crystal.

Perhaps Katz will pop back in and put us out of our suspense . . .

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hello LS9.

Those thin cotton cloths I mentioned are also excellent for hand-drying stemware and other crystal.

That's what they refer to them as in England - the thin cotton ones. I'm not sure why, though. Does anyone remember that type of towel which had the year's monthly calendars printed on them, along with a decorative motif? I still have some that were my mother's.
    EleanorR likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa66 View Post
    That's what they refer to them as in England - the thin cotton ones. I'm not sure why, though. Does anyone remember that type of towel which had the year's monthly calendars printed on them, along with a decorative motif? I still have some that were my mother's.
    Actually, Lisa66, I just bought some at an Estate Sale! And get this...they're from recent years. I'm betting they can still be purchased, maybe at a Feed & Farm store or online?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran katz-in-boots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa66 View Post
    You mean even tea towels are called something different in US land? Lisa is closest in this. Um tea towels... cloths for drying your dishes? (Mostly I let them air dry, call me lazy - I don't care ). Also used by DH for getting hot dishes out of oven, wiping up spills, drying hands and throwing at noisy cat.
    Hand towels are small towels for drying your hands, usually found in guest bathrooms (not even going to tell you what DH calls that room).

So what do you call dish-drying towels in the US?
    EleanorR and waylonjessi4ever like this.
    Your Truth may not be my Truth. That does not make either of us right or wrong, only different.
    Vaping Since December 10th 2010