V4L Family Chat - Page 1283
Like Tree18379Likes

Thread: V4L Family Chat

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Good morning all!!!! What a grand Sat morning to be alive and vaping!!!

My son is home. We had a great family dinner. Then he and I stayed up until 3am catching up on "Game Of Thrones". Shared a few adult type beverages, talked and laughed.

Life does not get better than that guys!!! Mommy is happy. Sister is happy (She really misses him) Ohh and if you have not guessed Daddy is happy!!!!

Today I get to spend the day with my sister that has been battling cancer for over 8 years now. Get to teach her how to handle all her new vaping stuff I set her up with. Today I am taking her 2 tanks, and she wants to try the Aurora so I am going to take the one of the ones I still have new in the box. I was going to take her a set of my pink eGo's but she told me "Frank I have been meaning to tell you that the pink ones look stupid" ROTFL!!!!!

Hope you all have a great Saturday!!!!!!
    Last edited by ian559; 04-28-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Good Morning V4Lers!!

Frank,That sounds wonderful!

Dish towels.
    Its nice to be important,but its more important to be nice.

Idiot Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Morning all.

Ian sir think your son coming home was better than seeing O & A live.
    "Everyone loves a revolution, all the liberty they bring, everyone loves a revolution, one man's chain is another man's key, you never know what you'll get when tyrants fall... A revolution just a circle after all."- ilyAIMY "Revolutions Per Minute"

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katz-in-boots View Post
    You mean even tea towels are called something different in US land? Lisa is closest in this. Um tea towels... cloths for drying your dishes? (Mostly I let them air dry, call me lazy - I don't care ). Also used by DH for getting hot dishes out of oven, wiping up spills, drying hands and throwing at noisy cat.
    Hand towels are small towels for drying your hands, usually found in guest bathrooms (not even going to tell you what DH calls that room).

So what do you call dish-drying towels in the US?
    well, the way I learned it in design school...(but then again...what do THEY know?) was a "hand towel" is usually of terry-cloth type material..absorbent, and fluffy....a "Tea Towel" is usually a finely woven cotton or more likely, linen...very fine manufacture, elegant perhaps, meant for using when actually serving beverages (such as tea, perhaps?) and a "Dish Towel"...is often a "waffle-weave"...allowing for absorbancy but not terry-type fabric, which tends to leave lint on fine dishware, china and crystal...

but...that is just my 2c :twocents:
    Lisa66, EleanorR and katz-in-boots like this.

ECF Veteran

Morandir you are 100 percent right!!!

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Awww, that sounds perfect Ian. I'm happy for you.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran ThankU4Vaping's Avatar

Good Morning my veefourellers in arms!
    EleanorR likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa66 View Post
    That's what they refer to them as in England - the thin cotton ones. I'm not sure why, though. Does anyone remember that type of towel which had the year's monthly calendars printed on them, along with a decorative motif? I still have some that were my mother's.
    In Virginia, we also called the thin cotton/linen towels "tea towels."

Oh my, I haven't seen those linen "calendar wall towels" (???) in ages -- but my mother loved them, and us kids always had to make sure that one of us got her a new one for Christmas every year! They really were beautiful, and useful too!

Quote Originally Posted by Via! View Post
    well, the way I learned it in design school...(but then again...what do THEY know?) was a "hand towel" is usually of terry-cloth type material..absorbent, and fluffy....a "Tea Towel" is usually a finely woven cotton or more likely, linen...very fine manufacture, elegant perhaps, meant for using when actually serving beverages (such as tea, perhaps?) and a "Dish Towel"...is often a "waffle-weave"...allowing for absorbancy but not terry-type fabric, which tends to leave lint on fine dishware, china and crystal...

but...that is just my 2c :twocents:
    Works for me.
    Lisa66 likes this.
    "To be a Virginian, either by Birth, Marriage, Adoption, or even on one's mother's side, is an Introduction to any State in the Union, a Passport to any Foreign Country, and a Benediction from Almighty God."

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I pretty much just called those "dish rags". As you can see..."elegance" is written all over me, eh? LOL
    Lisa66 and EleanorR like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran katz-in-boots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Via! View Post
    well, the way I learned it in design school...(but then again...what do THEY know?) was a "hand towel" is usually of terry-cloth type material..absorbent, and fluffy....a "Tea Towel" is usually a finely woven cotton or more likely, linen...very fine manufacture, elegant perhaps, meant for using when actually serving beverages (such as tea, perhaps?) and a "Dish Towel"...is often a "waffle-weave"...allowing for absorbancy but not terry-type fabric, which tends to leave lint on fine dishware, china and crystal..
    Oh my? finely woven cotton, elegant? Waffle weave? Okay then. Ours are cotton, but definitely not elegant or waffle weave, though I've heard those things exist The way my DH uses them, it isn't worth buying good ones. He uses them as rags really, so I buy fairly cheap ones.

And that's about the end of the weekend here, Sunday evening. All the washing & drying is done, I'm all caught up with it now and the new machine is way quieter than the old one. DD is off on yet another adventure, a week on a square rigged boat. I so wish I could've gone to her school, she gets such great opportunities. Plenty of time for life to get hum-drum later.

Have a great evening/morning all!
    Your Truth may not be my Truth. That does not make either of us right or wrong, only different.
    Vaping Since December 10th 2010