What If You Caught Your Kid Vaping? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: What If You Caught Your Kid Vaping?

Nev
    Super Member ECF Veteran

My son is 22, special needs and pretty sharp....he didn't ever show any interest in smoking and still doesn't. He thinks vaping is cool just because I am not smoking anymore...so I don't think it will happen. If it did, because he is 22, I guess I wouldn't have much to say except "Buy your own sh...." If he were younger, I would probably be upset.....

Great question.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran krazie_Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeAnn View Post
    why would you be upset? If that's the worst thing he gets involved with I would call you a lucky dad. He is going to grow up and he is going to experiment and let's just hope that it's with 0 nic e-cigs!!!!!!
    I have been a real bad kid, I smoked pot, did pills, drank, and a bunch of other stuff that I would not ever want my kid to do at an early age. But if my child (future child) ever used my e cig, I would be happy, because it is better then smoking. I would talk to him, but yeah I mean I would not be as upset as finding drugs or cigarette's in his room (Or her room).
    Laa shay'a waqi'un moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine. The wisdom of our creed is revealed through these words. We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Quote Originally Posted by nevadabadgirl View Post
    My son is 22, special needs and pretty sharp....
    I really have to agree with that statement, even though it was taken out of context... I know quite of bit of special needs kids, because they were always picked on and I defended them, and a few family members are as well. They are more intelligent then me book wise anyway.

Well Nevada, if my kid was 22 and started vapin' I would hand him/her a card and say here buy it from V4L just like you!
    Laa shay'a waqi'un moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine. The wisdom of our creed is revealed through these words. We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Clover~ View Post
    Id honestly be more scared they were prescribed something they could be addicted to in pill form than nicotine.
    Sorry guy's for the amount of replys from me, but I was prescribed depression medication, I suffer as you guys know from it, and ADHD, the ADHD keeps me amused and basically ballences with the depression, but anyway... I was on some medication, 3 4 years ago or so, and I became addicted to it, I went off of it because I did not have medical coverage, I forgot why but anyway, when I went off of it and I was throwing up, dizzy, everything. I know what addiction is like because my late aunt was on drugs and I seen her going through withdrawls, and I was going though the same exact thing, the shaking and all.

I noticed when I started getting nicotine, it helped with the ADHD and the cigarette's have anti depression meds so I was a lot better with the cigarette's, then the actual medication. I went to the doc's today because i had a sore throat, and he asked if I smoked, I was like "Doc you know I use an E-Cig" He says "Good, I am glad you stopped smoking, Nicotine is not bad, it is the crap in the cigarette's that are bad for you. Nicotine is just like caffine."

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm glad I was lucky enough to have a daughter that road my butt about smoking all the time. A couple years ago, when ecigs started to get advertised, SHE tried to get me to switch. I didn't because of the price (figure that one out)...just stubborn and didn't want to stop smoking. If I ever caught her smoking, which she never did, I would talk to her but how could I get terribly mad at her for doing the same as me? However, she's 21 now, and will sometimes grab my PV and take a small hit without inhaling. She only does it to taste the flavors but she knows nic is habit forming and doesn't want to "get involved" as she puts it. Schools, from pre-school and up, beat it into their heads about the dangers of smoking. I can't blame them for that. I can remember her coming home from school and preaching to me....yeah...getting preached at by a 5 year old. It worked in her case.

Did you smoke about your son? If so, did he ever try it or want to try it? I think kids are smarter today than we were. Only the ones that parents don't care about or don't have a brain are the ones that start. If he has a good head on his shoulders, he knows that it isn't good, and won't start. I don't think you have anything to really worry about if he hasn't done it yet.
    MOD HOARDER

It is hard to say I am not a parent yet so I can't really say. All I have to say is your can vape and still drive and there are no cancer causing substances in vaping. I would be disappointed in my child if he or she started vaping. But considering all the alternatives I would realize I had one smart cookie of a kid.

BloogUser

Super Member ECF Veteran

Being a new parent (my daughter's 2), I hope she never does anything that will lead to an addiction. Realistically, I know she will probably do a lot of things throughout her life that'll piss me off. I don't vape around her and never will. Didn't smoke around her neither. But nobody's perfect, and all parents do things that eventually influence their kids. I'd probably be more embarrassed that I created a situation in which she would be exposed to e-cigs. It would be hard to be pissed if I made it that easy for her. All that being said, being a man, and having a daughter creates far greater worries than someday catching her with an e-cig in her mouth. Far greater things for me to worry about.
    wildgillis likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I too am not a parent...however, it's monkey see, monkey do most times. Kids learn from their parents. I smoked because I saw my daddy smoking and it looked grown up to me and very cool. Peer pressure is also a huge thing. The negative influences that kids today have boggles my mind and scares the crap out of me. Kids do things to be cool and fit in. I would take vaping any day over smoking cigarettes. Any day. And I'd be mad but I'd get over it considering the alternatives.

Super Member* ECF Veteran Starspecks's Avatar

Fun hypothetical! If my child was 13 + (rebellion age range) not just curious and picked it up because I was irresponsible and left it laying around. I would be just as upset as catching them smoking or doing drugs. Kids don't have the money to go buy a starter kit! Could they scrounge up a couple bucks for a pack of smokes? yes! That's the scary part.
    Now if I caught my child with cigarettes or smelling like cigarettes (which I would actually smell now lol) several times to the point I knew they were addicted. I would gladly get them an ecig. That's what went wrong with the people who raised me that had me continue smoking into adulthood. I was very addicted and they acted like I could just stop or be grounded. They should have assisted me in quitting with support regardless of my age!

Sent from my Evo

Super Member ECF Veteran

My soon-to-be step-son has been on my patootie to quit smoking, he thinks it's totally gross and is really pleased that I've finally given them up. I don't think he'll pick up smoking, but if he does, I'd much rather them be e-cigs. I trust him to be either clever enough to avoid the really bad stuff or clever enough to learn from the consequences of the little stuff. We'll be there to patch up the pieces where needed - just PLEASE let him stay outta jail and not make me a premature grandmother.
    keelalagirl55 likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast