Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: The view out my Office Window

Super Member ECF Veteran

The water is too smooth. I need to take a PWC and chop it up a little /wink
    EleanorR likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran grandpawrichard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waylonjessi4ever View Post
    good for you gpaw ! Is it locals or tourists following you ? I live near the ocean and the color changes daily ....always different up here and very different from so cal beaches where i'm from .
    I cannot wait for our tourists to go away lol
    Waylon,
    The locals that know how to fish the river don't need to follow me, they already know where the holes are. The Newbies and the tourist fishermen are the ones that follow us experienced fishermen to learn as much as they can without putting the time, energy and work into the sport.
    I have fished a 3 mile stretch of the river for 42 years now, so I pretty much know the holes. Every year they change a little bit, so I am always learning their little changes. It doesn't kill me to show people, as long as they are courteous and don't horn right in on my favorite spots or try to crowd me out. Sometimes I'll sit in one spot for up to 12 hours just playing Catch and Release. I have had days where I hooked and released up to 96 salmon before I got tired and decided to keep my 4 fish limit and go home. (you might say I'm a Fishin' Nut! )

GPR
    2 Canon 7D Cameras, Canon 5D Mark II Camera, Canon 17-40 F/4 L lens, 2 Canon 24-105 L lens, Canon 70-200 f/4 L lens, Canon 300 f/4 IS L lens, Canon 400 f/4 L lens, Canon 1.4X L extender, Canon 2X L extender, Canon 430 EX Flash, Canon 530 EX Flash

Ultra Member ECF Veteran grandpawrichard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterwiz View Post
    The water is too smooth. I need to take a PWC and chop it up a little /wink
    as soon as all the boats with the "Wanna-Be" Fishermen get there the water gets pretty well chopped up! A "Wanna-Be" fishermen is one that has to fire up his big 200 hp motor and roar up river for 5 to 10 minutes, then down river for 5 to 10 minutes and then vice-a-versa. All the time he is doing that he is passing up so many great fishing holes it is pathetic! Besides that, his wakes are annoying as hell and make it rough for us experienced fishermen to fish our holes properly!

By the time I have caught my 4 salmon limit and headed back to the launch to go home the "Wanna-Be" has used up a tank of gas and maybe got 1 fish in the boat before he has to go home. It has been costing me a grand total of 2 gallons of gas a week to bring home my 76 fish of my limit, my wife's limit every dy this week and the limits for every person I have taken out in the boat with me. (the last 2 days we had 4 people in the boat and we all limited out! )

GPR
    EleanorR likes this.
    2 Canon 7D Cameras, Canon 5D Mark II Camera, Canon 17-40 F/4 L lens, 2 Canon 24-105 L lens, Canon 70-200 f/4 L lens, Canon 300 f/4 IS L lens, Canon 400 f/4 L lens, Canon 1.4X L extender, Canon 2X L extender, Canon 430 EX Flash, Canon 530 EX Flash

Super Member ECF Veteran

Beautiful pics as always GPR. All your picture threads are so calming & enjoyable.

Thank you

PV Master ECF Veteran waylonjessi4ever's Avatar

well..... sunday when i go to the faire for food and fun i'm gonna beat them for a parking spot tee hee ...its all good .it all benefits the non profits here and alot of kids !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12