Help! My Tank Is Leaking...............Don't Panic!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Help! My Tank Is Leaking...............Don't Panic!

Moved On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Help! My Tank Is Leaking...............Don't Panic!

If you discover that your tank is leaking out from the battery connector air hole...don't panic! Simply remove the tank from the battery, turn the tank upside down, wipe off the battery and the carto connector thoroughly. This is caused by juice flooding the air wick tube and juice will start to siphon the tank through the feeder holes.

By turning the tank upside down the feeder holes will be exposed to air which will stop the siphoning action and stop the leak.

Just like a standard cartomizer you should always be able to look through the cartomizer to see that the air tube is clear. If there is juice in the air tube that you want to remove simply remove the tank from your battery. Take a doubled over piece of tissue or paper towel, place it over the Drip Tip and give it a couple hard draws. Do not attempt to blow it out as this will pressurize the tank causing the juice to leak out of the air tube.

Last edited by SnowDragon; 01-17-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Idiot Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Excellent advice as always Snow sir. Thank you.
    "Everyone loves a revolution, all the liberty they bring, everyone loves a revolution, one man's chain is another man's key, you never know what you'll get when tyrants fall... A revolution just a circle after all."- ilyAIMY "Revolutions Per Minute"

Senior Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Fantastic advice Snow, thanks!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thank you Snow.... I was blowing through the drip tip/cart...no wonder I kept having problems. I will not attempt again
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has it's ups and downs, but it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride...

Thanks for the tip, SD!
    "To be a Virginian, either by Birth, Marriage, Adoption, or even on one's mother's side, is an Introduction to any State in the Union, a Passport to any Foreign Country, and a Benediction from Almighty God."

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

OK...disclaimer: The device is probably not at fault I'm sure...it's definitely the user!
    I have the OMG 5volt Mod. Is this thing supposed to gurgle, spit and have a hard draw? I did what you suggested Mr. Snow and it is still leaking. Turned upside down. Left it there for a while. Put paper towel over drip tip, many hard draws later, still not performing as it should. Any tips? Advice? Thanks V4Ler's!

Idiot Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Ms. Chimchim if you're taking a lot of hard draws that's most likely what's causing your flooding issues. Have you tried it on a different item to see if the draw is any better?
    "Everyone loves a revolution, all the liberty they bring, everyone loves a revolution, one man's chain is another man's key, you never know what you'll get when tyrants fall... A revolution just a circle after all."- ilyAIMY "Revolutions Per Minute"

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Morandir835 View Post
    Ms. Chimchim if you're taking a lot of hard draws that's most likely what's causing your flooding issues. Have you tried it on a different item to see if the draw is any better?
    Can't try tank on anything else. No adapter. Tank only fits on OMG Mod. Adapter that came with it doesn't work on any other PV.

Idiot Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Didn't know you're using the 510 threaded tank Ms. Chimchim... That sadly is the draw of the 510.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Morandir835 View Post
    Didn't know you're using the 510 threaded tank Ms. Chimchim... That sadly is the draw of the 510.
    Thank you so much Pablo! Have fun in Chi town with the V4L crew! Lucky!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast